What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pinguicula ehlersiae

Joseph Clemens

Staff member
Here is a nice clone of Pinguicula ehlersiae, (BCP -- purple flowers) received from Michael Lu. Thanks Michael.

P_ehlersiae_web_BCP.jpg

Very nice.
smile.gif

I recieved a nice P. ehlersiae in February. It's flowered for me twice now since then. The one leaf cutting that I placed on the soil took root, and now it seems to be thriving as well. Needless to say I'm happy with this plant. I do have one question for you though... you mention that your new addition is a "BGP -- purple flowers". Is the purple flower typical of this species, or is your clone a nice exception to the rule? Here's a few pics I took today.

ehlersiae.jpg

ehlersiaeflower.jpg

-Homer

Homer,
Nice photos of some very nice plants. Thanks for joining this thread and sharing. It is fun to take photos of some of my plants and share them from time to time, but I really enjoy viewing other people's photos of their plants. Encouraging to see that I am not the only one growing these curious and beautiful plants.

Mine is a recent aquisition from Michael Lu. It hasn't bloomed for me yet. We will have to ask Michael about the meaning of the (BCP - purple flower) descriptor, I have been meaning to do that anyways, so I can add the information to my collection database.

Michael Lu, says that the initials should be BCP indicating his source for this clone as BestCarnivorousPlants.

Those are great photos of some exceptionally beautiful plants, PinguiculaMan and Homer!  I only hope I can get some of my Pinguicula to color up like yours someday.  I am growing mine in very bright natural light and the new growth is coming in tinted reddish, coppery or bronzish along the edges depending on the species or the cultivar, but the coloration is predominantly green and is nowhere as spectacular as your plants.

Corey

My clone of this is currently flowering as well. Unfortunatly the bloom is already expiring as a result of the cross pollination I performed. And I didn't get a chance to get a pic either!! (Who knew I'd get successful pollination on the first swipe?!? )

Pyro,

What did you pollinate it with?

Cheers,

Joe

Back