What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Growth rate for one of my lil pings

im not much of a Ping guy but i have a lil P. 'Yucca Do 1717' it doesnt seem to be growing very fast. i think ive had the lil guy for something like 4 or 5 months, maybe more and its only doubled in size which isnt much, its still about 1/2 inch across or so, although it has divided for me so i guess i have two of them now so thats a plus. is this normal, is something wrong? its sitting beside my other Mexi Pings that are doing wonderfully.

also what hybrid is this?

If you sprinkle a tiny bit (very tiny bit) of powdered freeze-dried bloodworms onto the leaf surfaces and very lightly mist it once or twice per day for a week and at the same time be sure they are getting very strong light you should notice a marked increase in the rate of growth, I do with mine. If the light is not strong enough and you use too much bloodworm powder it will begin to grow fungus. This can cause holes in the leaf surface immediately beneath the food.

This Pinguicula is discussed here: Earlier thread of similar subject and another similar thread

Here is a photo of the related Yucca Do 1713 demonstrating the response to freeze-dried bloodworm powder. These are all in a 2 inch pot. The 4 plants below were all given a light dusting of freeze-dried bloodworm powder a few days before this photo. Growth rates continued to increase for several weeks and the treated plants overgrew their unfed sisters:

P_1713_Bloodworm_Effects_B1.JPG

thanks for the info. ill have to find some.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (PinguiculaMan @ April 20 2005,9:32)]Here is a photo of the related Yucca Do 1713 demonstrating the response to freeze-dried bloodworm powder. These are all in a 2 inch pot. The 4 plants below were all given a light dusting of freeze-dried bloodworm powder a few days before this photo. Growth rates continued to increase for several weeks and the treated plants overgrew their unfed sisters:
Where do you get freeze-dried bloodworm powder?

freeze dried blood worms are a fish food, a lil bit of pulverizing with your fingers will get it into a powder.

Back