User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Planting newly recieved pinguicula

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok so when I recieved all my new plants, after being delayed in shipping for a couple days, all the leaves are curling down, making it difficult to get the little tiny roots into the soil..

It's all the Pinguicula in my grow list but Pinguicula lusitanica these I recieved from someone else and they were ok.

Pinguicula jamauvensis and Pinguicula esseriana are also ok since they are nice compact roesettes(sp?).

What would be the best solution to this?
    \"Anyway, no drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power.\"
    --P. J. O'Rourke
    GL

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For shocked plants, in general, just get them in moist media, cover, and keep away from bright light for a couple days. Gradually open them up and move to the light. Look for new growth in a week and hope for the best.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmmm... Your question is a bit confusing. If you find that the down-turned leaves are problematic when it comes to repotting, then just carefully peel off a row or two (or more) of the outer leaves, making sure to include the white basal area, until you find that the rosettes can easily be planted with the base in contact with the growing medium of your choice. The removed leaves, if not too bruised, can be used for leaf cuttings per PinguiculaMan's instructions found in one of the sticky posts at the top of this forum.