What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

P. primuliflora some tips...

There has been a few topics about this butterwort lately.  I have had pretty good success with these conditions.  I purchased this at Lowe's quite some time ago, and the thing was looking pretty bad.  I transplanted it from it's little cube it was in into a 5" pot with about 70% LFS and 30% pummice.  It recieves about 4 to 5 hours of direct sunlight in the morning with bright indirect light the rest of the day.  The humidity is around 60 to 70% and it sits in about 1cm of water.  It has doubled in size and produced 3 flowers this spring as well as numerous plantlets.

Jason

primulaflora.jpg

Hmm. It's nice when you live on the same latitude as this species. I just throw it in the bog. I wish it would gorw fater then the sphagnum though.

P. primulaflora is one of those bizzare species that is either incredibly easy or maddeningly difficult(like D. adele).

Yup.

Is it on a window sill or outside? Mine have always done well on a SE or SW window sill, open tray, letting the water level vary. The only one that has ever given me trouble was the one I accidently dropped. It showed its displeasure by taking a week to die. Unlike Mexican pings, this one is much more sensitive to being uprooted and/or being dropped.

It's in a terrarium in a South facing windowsill and is supplemented with a compact flourescent.

Jason

As long as you can provide air circulation and adequate light, go for it. I know that Flytrapgurl is approaching things in similar manner. Window sills work for me, but...

Back