What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pinguicula esseriana

I have a small pot of Pinguicula esseriana that is currently in full bloom.  I stuck my nose in the blossoms this morning, just out of curiosity, and I found that they had the most delicious citrus fragrance!  Granted, it is not very strong but it is of excellent quality.  It is certainly a bonus with this already wonderful species.  

Anybody else notice this fragrance on P. esseriana?

Take care,
Corey

p. essariana is one of my favorite pings. Unfortunately, I killed the momma plant and then sunburned the clones I propagated. It looks like most have survived, but I doubt seriously I'll get any flowers this year.

I hadn't heard that they had a scent, but I am looking forward to smelling their fragrance for myself now.
smile.gif

I have had a Pinguicula esseriana for well over a year, but it has not flowered for me.
smile_h_32.gif

As an update, I have discovered that this fragrance is only produced during the early morning hours from about 6:00 am to 10:00 am.  I have tried sniffing the blooms at all times of day, but I can only discern the fragrance within this certain time frame.  

Cheers,
Corey

Back