Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where to find...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, I'm new here and also pretty new to CPs. I got my first flytrap at the beginning of March (which is still with me) and since then, I've acquired a little bit of everything.

I really, really like utrics and pings. I'm currently growing only P. x 'Sethos'Edit: There is no 'x' in cultivar names., but I'm in love with P. laueana and P. cyclosecta. Unfortunately, it seems like no one in the states really grows either of these plants (though I did find P. laueana at California Carnivores). Any ideas on where I can find these guys? Can I grow them alongside my 'Sethos'?

Thanks!

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi ceasg and welcome to the forums! I didn't do an intensive search, but looked at topics that had the keywords in the topic title. I did a quick topic search and the things seem to center around CP2K for the laueana and Pinguiculaman as having both. Someone else also mentioned California Carnivores as place that sells it.

According to Savage Garden, P. laueana is comparable to a 'Sethos'. I didn't see P. cyclosecta listed.

What other butterworts and what bladderworts do you have? I'm sure that many of would be happy to share with you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had P. ehlersiae, but lost it (fungal infection), so only x 'Sethos' right now. :/ Fortunately, my 'Sethos' seems to be adjusting nicely in a more ventilated setting. I have pretty typical utrics, U. livida and U. sandersonii, which are also doing well.

Thanks for the welcome and info! This seems like a friendly and knowledgable place. I hope you're right about being able to find them, because it seems like all of the best plants are mainly cultivated in the UK and Europe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Post a query in the Carnivorous Plant Trading Post section. Your fishing expedition may result in a catch.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are free to check out my grow list. I have several mexi-pings and Utrics. Um... I don't have THE most extensive list, mind you, but if anything strikes your fancy, feel free to send me a PM about it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks to you both, I appreciate this a lot. I'll definitely check around when I'm sure I'm not going to lose this Ping and I get my bookshelf finished.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okie -dokie! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can buy from here and he have both.
    http://bestcarnivorousplants.com/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast