What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Advice on transplanting p. primulaflora

I've heard that p. primulaflora can be quite fussy when being transplanted. I have one in a bog that I need to replant and I'm trying to figure out the best method. It currently has a number of baby plants around it. I'd like as many as possible to survive. Any hints?

pprimulaflora1a.jpg

whats wrong with where it's at?

if you have to, just scoop up a bunch of soil and try not to bother the roots too much.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JustLikeAPill @ July 15 2005,6:06)]whats wrong with where it's at?
Er...well...it was the first bog I ever planted and not knowing an better, I used an aluminum wash tub. Now the tub is oxidizing and I'm afraid the plants are doomed if I don't get them out before too long.

In fact, if you look at the right, top corner of the picture you can see some of the oxidation.

smile_h_32.gif

oooh i see.

dont worry about the ping. go ahead.
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (LeftCoast @ July 15 2005,6:19)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (JustLikeAPill @ July 15 2005,6:06)]whats wrong with where it's at?
Er...well...it was the first bog I ever planted and not knowing an better, I used an aluminum wash tub.  Now the tub is oxidizing and I'm afraid the plants are doomed if I don't get them out before too long.

In fact, if you look at the right, top corner of the picture you can see some of the oxidation.

smile_h_32.gif
you should get them all out of there if thats the case(which it obviously is)

As Clint said, get as much of the surrounding soil as possible and needed so as not to disturb the roots. Move as one unit.

Thanks all! I hope I don't kill it. When I get ready to transplant the bog (probably this fall), I'll let everyone know how it goes.

Back