What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My First Succlent Babies Born Christmas

*Barracuda_45*

Norhtern Michigan Dragway Mama
Well my first Christmas babies have been born, i sowed 100 mixed Lithop seeds 7 days ago and then for 2 days i have been real busy, didnt really notice or check them over well for those days and sure enough upon checking all the plants and watering and everything else today i noticed BABIES!! My first Lithops are starting to germinate. WOOT!!! So far theres only 8, 3 out by them selfs in diffrent spots in the tray and then 5 close toegther, i tried to get the best pics i could of some of them so bare with me pics are alittle blurry, there soooooooooooooooo tiny and cute.. WELCOME TO THE WORLD BABIES!!!

Few diffrent views, theres one way back there..
08008.jpg

same ones another angle.
08010.jpg

and this is another one thats all by its self.
08009.jpg

I will get more pics as they grow and let you know when more germinate..:-D

Very cute!! Did you get those from ones you already have??

I can't wait to see what they look like when they're bigger :) Great job!

Very cute!! Did you get those from ones you already have??

Nope these are seeds i had orderd, i have another batch of 300 mixed Lithop seeds comming in from "Belgum", i hope i spelt that word right.:blush: Anyways cant wait to get those and start them as well. They are cute little babies..:-D

Thanks Trapper, they are very tiny and i now have more than 20 babies up :banana2: YIPPY!! Im hoping atleast 50 or more germinate outa this 100 batch. I cant wait till there alittle larger as well and they get the coloring/markings of what types they are. I also got my mixed cacti seeds in from the Cacti Seed Depot and also some E. Obesa seeds as well and sowed those yesterday. Its gona be awsome to see those germinate. Will keep you all updated..

Ah, fun. Baby cacti are always so interesting - I love the way they change shape as they grow up. I guess the change will probably be slightly less evident with something like a Lithops, which is basically a giant baby cactus. :) Makes me reminiscent about my Saguaro pups.
~Joe

Very nice. Congratulations!

Do you know how long it takes for them to get to a good size?

joossa, it depends on what you consider good size, each type of lithop grows at a rate diffrently some lithops are much larger than others, at 3 yrs old there flowering size.

Back