What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

agave ??

uphwiz

jimmy
not sure on the spelling but i got the chance to see this one in bloom last season it was quite a treat here in the mountians of Virginia.

IMG_0398.jpg

IMG_0389.jpg
IMG_0392.jpg

Does any one here know if i could start seeds from this plant?:poke: Its still there and seems to have seed pods in place, from what i can see from the ground that is, its quite tall LOL . or would it even have seeds, im not sure what im looking at? The mom is almost totally dried out and brown.

That has to be one of the biggest flower stalks i've seen..

Nice photos. An Agave is a beautiful plant and it takes forever for it to bloom. Too bad it dies after it flowers but it's always sending up little pups to replace the parent. Did you zoom in on that flower head or were you on a ladder?? :-O

It's a zoom shot of the bloom head .
And I'm thinking the bloom stalk is about 16 to 18 feet tall..
here is the whole plant, it didn't show up so well with the tree for the backdrop. Its washed out so,
but this gives a little better scale of the plant
IMG_0393.jpg

The Stalk Looks Huge For The Size Of The Plant

thats cool, reminds me of a bonsai tree for some reason, how it blooms and branches are separated

Back