What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

M. luethyi seedlings

This tiny Mexican cactus is both very unique looking and a producer of spectacular flowers considering it's small stature.

M. luethyi link

And here are some of the fifteen M. luethyi seedlings that were sown on March 5th of last month.

IMG_5885-1.jpg

IMG_5878-1.jpg

IMG_5875-1.jpg

dvg

greetings again DVG, looks like u got some babies coming soon

Very nice! those pictures kind of remind me of Easter Island, but a smaller version!

Another upate,

Three M. luethyi seedlings in a pot.

IMG_6689-1.jpg

And a shot of the same three seedlings taken from directly above.

IMG_6665-1.jpg

dvg

Another update on a few of the M. luethyi seedlings.

IMG_0046-3Mluethyiseedlings.jpg

They look like they could use more light, so i've moved a couple pots of them closer to the fluoros.

dvg

Oh wow, those are really neat.

Wow!

Those are great!

They look like little Dr Suess trees!

Nice plants. Did you buy the seed? Or do you have the mature plants? Nice mature photo's in your link. A worthwhile plant to grow.

Thanks guys!

Jerry, these were grown from 4 year old purchased seed that was kicking around in my seed fridge.

Here's a link to some of the seeds i started earlier this year in March.

cacti seedling link

dvg

Thanks for the link. Did you start the Blossfeldia? How are they doing?

Those are awesome! They look so nifty.

I am jealous!

Thanks for the link. Did you start the Blossfeldia? How are they doing?

You're welcome, i didn't ever get around to sowing those Blossfeldia seeds, but if you're interested in seeing an excellent example of someone growing that species out from seed, check out this...

... link

Unfortunately, most of the earlier pics have been removed from the first 4 pages of the thread, but he does discuss his method quite well.

Those are awesome! They look so nifty.

I am jealous!

Haha, thanks lil hokie!:-D

If you're interested in trying those seeds, you could probably contact Mesa Garden and see if they have some available.

Mine came from Koehres Kaktus seeds over in Germany.

dvg

Back