What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Free Lophophora williamsii seeds

Cute lil buggers! If ya ever get any free seeds again, feel free to send them my way. ;)

Illegal in the US
Powerful hallucinogen

Thats a really cool looking plant!

Illegal in the US
Powerful hallucinogen
But hilariously enough there are plenty of other cacti just as hallucinogenic as the peyote and they are completely legal and available to everyone who is in the know!
:lol:

How fun is irony??

But hilariously enough there are plenty of other cacti just as hallucinogenic as the peyote and they are completely legal and available to everyone who is in the know!
:lol:

I'm not sure there any that are just as potent. Maybe I'm wrong though.

I'm not sure there any that are just as potent. Maybe I'm wrong though.
The particular laws governing the species L. williamsii as originally written, are entirely race-related and written with the old idea in mind to control the "wild indians". The government believed they would get uppity on the peyote and go raid the white settlements (ref. Peyote the Divine Cacti; monograph on Lophophora by Edward F. Anderson which is now again in print). With the development of the Bureau of Narcotics (now DEA) during the Nixon administration it was scheduled along with the other "dangerous" natural hallucinogens with "no medicinal value" such as psilocybin mushrooms and cannabis. Oddly enough in a role reversal, nowadays Indians are the ONLY ones who can legally obtain it in the US through the Native American Church.

The laws are not there to reflect an actual indicator of mescaline potency in L. williamsii, if they were all the other mescaline producing cacti species would be banned as well. You've gotta eat a number of individual peyote buttons to feel the effects. It's gonna be a long time coming (decade perhaps) of growing enough plants for someone to have even a single evening's worth of "high" off of their hard grown plant collection. Making the laws against cultivation of the species as a novelty plant completely stupid.

Other cacti genera however from further south grow much faster, their mescaline content is higher and you needn't use as many individual plants (or even a single whole one) due to their larger size. But then I'm not advocating experimentation here.... !

I grow san pedro cactus... but it tastes so bad that anyone who is willing to choke down a foot of it deserves to trip a little. Those people have will power...

But in terms of actual mescaline content, you can grow that much san pedro much, much faster than the equivalent in peyote.

I think you make tea with it???

you do. san pedros along with a few other maker an awesome tea. your rly lucky to come acrost seeds like that. been looking for years. best thing to do with san pedros is slice them up and biol them in water for a couple hours. drink whats left and hold on for the ride.

Why is this plant illegal in the U.S.? Or does it just need a CITES permit to ship internationally, or something? (that would make more sense)

it illegal cause becuase it contains high amount of mescalin. other cactuss do as well but not in such high concentration.

I am almost certain that I have seen these for sale at HD and RONA up here in Canada...

Next time I see them I will have to buy some.

Hahaha if you have then snatch them up but there are a lot of look a likes that probly don't. Taste as good lol

What are the chances that dumb cops would even recognize peyote grown among other cacti.

Not very likely. Plus I have been told that those that grow them in their collections intentionally mislabel them.

Any updates on the little guys?

Any updates on the little guys?

Yes, i just watered them a couple of days ago and they have responded by plumping up quite nicely.

Thanks again for your interest in the little guys. ;)

dvg

Back