Likes Likes:  1
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Haworthia cooperi and cultivars

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AnIsleAteHer View Post
    Beautiful plants! Do you guys have any good sources for Haworthia? Some of the more interesting/windowed ones?
    I see them everywhere. Supermarkets, Lowes Home Depot, garden centers, etc.
    Judge not lest ye be judged creates a cesspool. Judge others and prepare to be judged by them.
    Just know when to keep the verdict to yourself.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SubRosa View Post
    I see them everywhere. Supermarkets, Lowes Home Depot, garden centers, etc.
    I see them at my local home depot from time to time but they are usually attenuata or something similar, which i dont find too interesting. Granted, the Home Depot by me is a small one, more like an ace hardware on steroids. They also have those 'cosmic' painted plants that I would personally never buy. Ill keep my eyes open though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There should be a lot of sources in the US. A few online nurseries are also based there, such as Aridlands

There's also Renny's Haworthias (www.maughanii.com, Renny's Online Haworthia Shop), though my issue is (besides the price) that a lot of the sales items are tiny offsets. I usually buy from a local collector as they tend to be already acclimatised to my local climate
    Last edited by DarylC; 01-21-2016 at 09:15 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wonderful! Windowed hawthoria are just great.

Quote Originally Posted by AnIsleAteHer View Post
    I see them at my local home depot from time to time but they are usually attenuata or something similar, which i dont find too interesting. Granted, the Home Depot by me is a small one, more like an ace hardware on steroids. They also have those 'cosmic' painted plants that I would personally never buy. Ill keep my eyes open though.
    I know you posted this a few months ago, so not sure if you've found anything already. I'd start looking online. Ebay has some from time to time, and then there are some other stores I recently found in my search, like
    Home
    and
    Glasshouse Works: Rare & Exotic Plants

that I recently ordered from out of curiosity. I am waiting for my orders to arrive, so I can't quite speak for quality yet, but the price was right, so I jumped on it.
    Other than that, the one I have was a lucky find from a local greenhouse. I hope you get lucky enough to grow one of these guys one day, they're pretty easy and so gosh darn lovely.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had this Cooperii for about 4 years now, this is what you have to look forward to:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12