What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help with lithops and mesembs id

Hi friends,
Greetings to all cacti and succulent growers. Recently, a few of us in Singapore have purchased some Lithops and relatives. Could I please request for some help identifying them?
Thanks for your help in advance.

Lithops

PS: Sorry, I am unable to post a photo directly with this message.

I don't claim any expertise here but I think that:
- the large smooth plant in the upper right is Pleiospilos nelii
- the red-topped lithops in the middle is Lithops karasmontana lateritia
- spread out plant at the lower right and the maroon plant at the upper left are "Baby Toes", either Fenestraria or Frithia
- the Lithops at the left may be L. lesliei
- the plant at the bottom is Haworthia truncata and not a mesemb at all.

Hope that helps
smile.gif

Merlin

Those are some nice plants, sory, no ID help here, maybe when they're all flowering post some more pics!!
biggrin.gif
smile.gif
alien.gif

Thank you very much, Jmenprkr, for posting up the pictures. I hope to get the hang of posting images soon.

Many thanks to Martin for your identifications.

The plants belong to neilsingapore and I also have a couple to them. But it is really nice to finally get an indication of their names.

Yes, I would try to get photos posted when they flower (if they ever&#33
wink.gif

Hi, The plant at the top left 'baby toes' according to Merlin has 2 small white flowers in the photo. The bottom plant, Haworthia truncata, has since produced a flower stalk. It grew to an inch tall, then 2 and now is about 3 or possibly 4 inches tall!! So far no flowers have bloomed yet though. I'll try to get some photos.
Thanks for all the ID's Merlin, and also thanks to Jmenprkr for getting the photo uplifted. Perhaps you can teach me how to do it also (either here or via PM). Guqin - thanks for the original post.
Thanks, Neil.

I went looking for a picture of Haworthia truncata flowers, figuring it would prove my ID.  This is the best I found.  If that's all it is, I'm guessing that nobody's growing them for their wonderful blooms
biggrin.gif

BTW, I'm still trying to find a picture of a red baby toes.  Of the plants I tried to identify, that's the one I'm least sure of.

Merlin

Hi Neil,
My baby toes also in flower (pink White).
Copy+of+P1050004.JPG

Back