What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lithop watering

I have 4 small lithops that I've grown from seed, they're about a year old now. I've read in various grower's guides to absolutely avoid water during the winter. Last week I noticed that my lithops were shriveling severely, and at the last moment I decided to water them, since they looked ready to kick the bucket anyhow. To my surprise, the next day the new leaves and come up and tripled the size of the lithops. As I've continued watering them for the past week, they have grown and the old leaves are staying shriveled at the sides. Hard to say if they are moist or papery, as they are absolutely too tiny to tell. (lithops are the size of this "O")  Anyone know if I should continue to water these or is now the time to stop?

Thanks in advance!

the new leaves normally come up thru the middle of the old, and water is transfered from old to new. normally u water when the old leaves have shriveled completely, and the purpose of dormancy is to allow this process. if u have started watering then too late to stop now, you will have to continue watering, but u dont have to give them much. keep them very sunny.

Back