Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NICE!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Megan,
    What kind of suculants do you have? Some naturaly grow leggy, see my picture of the mother of thousands!
    Marjorie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you Marjorie!

I saw your picture (beautiful by the way) but my plants don't look anything like that. Yours looks more like a cactus. Well, I just bought another succlant this morning, and the tag says Sempervivm (hens and chicks) I believe that is the same as what I already have. Now, when I say it seems leggy, each mini plant is growning upward and the bottom leaves are turning a yellowish pink and then they dry up. I know I am doing something wrong, but what? too much/little water? too much/little sunlight? soil conditions, just not sure. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/confused.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if it is a Hen & Chick is it looking like this one?

instead of looking like these?

These are growing side by side and get the same amount of sun and rain. They are potted in the same soil. The only thing I can guess is that this is normal as the plant gets older, but is not normally seen because the other plants are around its base. Hope this helps.
    Marjorie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    YES!!!

that is it!!! So, that is normal? does that mean it is about to flower?

Thank you!

Where are the pictures from? Are these your personal plants? I keep these plants indoors, do you think that is a problem?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have them in pots on my deck. I have heard that they flower but I have never seen one. I gave one to my sister-in-law and she said that hers was growing tall also. She also grows hers inside. Mine get no protection in the winter and only ocasinaly water besides rain water. I think it may be a charastic of that paticular species sense none of my other Hen & Chicks grow this way.
    Marjorie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, you made my day! Thank you. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]

All this time I thought I was doing something bad. Do you know how much sun your sisters plant gets?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sempervium flowers are unbelieveable! That is a beautiful pot of Sempervium arachnoidum. When the plant flowers, the rosette appeats to elongate, producing a thick scape with many beautiful red starry flowers at the terminal end that are long lasting. It really is like a rocket, shooting up it's scape.
    From your photo I think there is a good chance this plant is sending up a scape. I have never had this particular species flower, but all others follow the form.

"Grow More, Share More"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I go to longwood there cacti are always flowering. Many of my own cacti also flower for me. It just seems kind of random.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast