Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Never much on here

Somewhat Unstable superimposedhope's Avatar
    Where the Slime Live; Where the Slime Breed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It sucks that there is never alot going on in cacti and succulents. I love cactus they are my favorite plants. I have tons of them, my collection is huge though it dwindles over every summer as I trade and give away alot and then build up new plants again. My plants are ready for summer except the temp is not ready for them. Perhaps I will post some pics. If anybody reads this. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/laugh.gif[/img]

Joe
    \"There is nothing here of interest to any nation, as a matter of fact there is nothing here but humans!\"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I read it. post pics now! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]

Somewhat Unstable superimposedhope's Avatar
    Where the Slime Live; Where the Slime Breed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll post some pics but I'm going to Colo.Springs for the weekend so I won't be posting them till like Mon. or Tues.

Joe
    \"There is nothing here of interest to any nation, as a matter of fact there is nothing here but humans!\"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Succulents and cacti are nice plants, but it's perhaps a CP distorsion, but after growing bogs plants for 8 years, try to switch on dryland plants without watering too much, it is a bit hard

Nevertheless, Asclepiads recently took my attention with Huernia , Stapelia, etc... A new collection just begins

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, you have ME, LOL. I have more than a passing interest in succulents and a moderate interest in cacti, especially the rare forms. So, are you growing any of these Ariocarpus species, Obregonia or any of the Discocactus? These are my favorites I think, although I also love the Astrophytum.

Jungle cacti are really wonderful species. I have lost most of my Rhipsalis collection but these were my favories followed by the Easter Cacti forms.

In succulents, I have a majpr interest in the caudex forming stem succulents, especially the Madagascarian species.

I have to set limits on my plant interests which are extensive. I would also like to cultivate the Gesineriads (hope I spelled that right), Orchids, Bromelliads, and Amaryllids but my space restrictions wont allow for this. What I really need is a job in a major conservatory, hee hee.

Cacti flowers are beautiful, and I love their forms. What I do not love are the spines! After years of injuries (some of frightening proportions) I have largly abandoned this family of plants....but if you ever hear of a sweet deal on an Ariocarpus fissuratus that isnt a scrawny seedling please let me know. I have always wanted to meet and grow this plant.
    "Grow More, Share More"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Opuntia are especialy bad all those glochids in your skin! Trust me I eat there fruit and if they aren`t suficiently ripened and you dont wipe off the spines you get quite a mouthful!
    [img]http://home.**********.com/users/pondboy/Neps/Neps%20sig..JPG[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To busy with carnivorous plants. The cactii are tough, thankfully.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (pond boy @ April 23 2004,11:16)]Opuntia are especialy bad all those arioles in your skin!
    The tiny stickers your refering to are called glochids, they grow out of the areole.

And yes, they can be quite a pain (pun intended)

CD
    How did I get so many tanks?

Click here to see my Tanks

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast