Hope PAK doesn't mind me linking her original photo.
I got this collection of lithops (and one that's not, i know) in the auction, and am very impressed with how colorful they are, and suprised at how tiny they are (i didn't know that 1-1/2" terra-cotta pots existed!). Lest i kill these wonders, can someone please help me with the following questions?
* As mentioned, they're in very small pots. Do they develop extensive root systems like i believe some cacti do, and thus need to be up-potted?
* They are in what looks like regular potting soil, with a coarse sand top-dressing. Is that okay? If i repot, should a use pure silica sand, or include some potting soil?
* Can i put them right out in full sun?
* Can they tolerate <50* weather (in summer, or even just winter)? Do they like heat or is room temperature better?
* Can the other critter (forget the name, but i have it written down) be treated the same as the lithops?
Well, that's it for now. Thanks for anyone who can enlighten me in this new world of lithops cultivation!