Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hoping i can get help with ids, guesses are great

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh oh oh! Too funny! Crassula confusius"....

And by gosh by goll a pot full of green ears! And here I thought I was so cute naming one of mine "Cousin It".

Somewhat Unstable superimposedhope's Avatar
    Where the Slime Live; Where the Slime Breed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cactacea is such a confusing ......... Phyllum (?[img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/confused.gif[/img]?, very tired). C. "Hobbit" is the name I know it as. I would "guess cousin it" to be Oreocereus. I carry alot of cactus at work right now so I've picked back up on names again. I haven't had many desert/terrestrial cactus for a couple years. I hope my 12' Cereus peruvianus will bloom; some years it does and other years it doesn't.

Joe
    \"There is nothing here of interest to any nation, as a matter of fact there is nothing here but humans!\"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ::feels stupid:: May I ask what you mean by.. the flowers are glued on?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to Terra tink!

You think you feel stupid???

I bought those cacti you see photographed in this thread thinking, "How pretty, what attractive blooms".

Here's the deal, they take some sort of glue and they strategically glue those silly brightly colored fake straw flowers on to the tops of the cacti they sell to ding dongs like me who think they are purchasing a cactus in flower. It's a great marketing tool. I have pulled them all off. I had to use a tweezers on some of them to get them off. The cacti look more natural without all those goofy fake flowers all over them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh wow that is crazy. I have never realized that. I have thought many of times of buying one, but never did. I'm always saying "wow go to WalMart they actually have bloomed cacti" to people. haha. I should have known our WalMart didn't take care of their Cacti either. Is there any that actually have bloomed or are must fake that stores sell? Also, this might seem confusing, but hmm I have noticed the same stores selling those kind of Cacti(w/ the fake flower) selling small cacti with brightly color tiny cacti clump on top, are those fake also? It's like a bloom, but not a flower, I'm not very cactismart for the word.

Oh and thanks for the welcoming! =P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glued-on cactus flowers.....geesh, that's pathetic and deceitful!

What's next?.....artificial plastic CPs?!

Superimposedhope....now I know who to go to with ID questions! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img]
    Secretary, New England Carnivorous Plant Society (NECPS) http://www.necps.org/
    Member, International Carnivorous Plant Society (ICPS)
    Member, North American Sarracenia Conservancy (NASC)
    Member, The Carnivorous Plant Society (CPS)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well Tink i know the cacti you speak of those are real but in fact it is 2 different types of cacti, the colorful one grafted to the green root stalk. i read recently that the colorful cacti that is grafted on those has a poor root system and usaly will die on its real root system , so they graft them then they become cacti that are easy to grow.
    How Can A Plant be a Crime?

My Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Plant #1 is not a cactus. It's a Euphorbia, very likely horrida. The "thorns" are relatively blunt, but beware of the sap.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast