What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hoping i can get help with ids, guesses are great

Oh wow that is crazy. I have never realized that. I have thought many of times of buying one, but never did. I'm always saying "wow go to WalMart they actually have bloomed cacti" to people. haha. I should have known our WalMart didn't take care of their Cacti either. Is there any that actually have bloomed or are must fake that stores sell? Also, this might seem confusing, but hmm I have noticed the same stores selling those kind of Cacti(w/ the fake flower) selling small cacti with brightly color tiny cacti clump on top, are those fake also? It's like a bloom, but not a flower, I'm not very cactismart for the word.

Oh and thanks for the welcoming! =P

Glued-on cactus flowers.....geesh, that's pathetic and deceitful!

What's next?.....artificial plastic CPs?!

Superimposedhope....now I know who to go to with ID questions!    
smile_m_32.gif

well Tink i know the cacti you speak of those are real but in fact it is 2 different types of cacti, the colorful one grafted to the green root stalk. i read recently that the colorful cacti that is grafted on those has a poor root system and usaly will die on its real root system , so they graft them then they become cacti that are easy to grow.

Plant #1 is not a cactus. It's a Euphorbia, very likely horrida. The "thorns" are relatively blunt, but beware of the sap.

I support that Euphorbia ID, and man if you EVER get stuck with a Euphorbia thorn and sap you'll KNOW it. Pachypodium is the worst though!

Back