Plant 2

Plant 3

Plant 4

Plant 5

Plant 6

Plant 7

Plant 8

Plant 9

If anyone has any ideas, please share them with me. I also picked up a few small terra cotta sampler trays. 2 pots had 4 different cacti in them a piece and 1 tray had 6 or 7 assorted succulents in it.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Somewhat Unstable superimposedhope's Avatar
    Where the Slime Live; Where the Slime Breed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1) Echinocereus morricallii (?)
    2) Cereus tetragonus
    3) Oreocereus
    4) Cereus jamacaru
    5) Pachycereus or Sagauro sp?
    6) Cereus jamacaru monstrose "sport" or Curiosity plant
    7) Cereus tetragonus "Fairy Castles"
    8) Trichocereus cristate or can't think of name
    9) Crassula argentea

Wild guesses but Genus should be close. I am not very good with cactus naming any more.

Joe
    \"There is nothing here of interest to any nation, as a matter of fact there is nothing here but humans!\"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BTW the flowers are glued on
    [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img]

Joe
    \"There is nothing here of interest to any nation, as a matter of fact there is nothing here but humans!\"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IMPRESSIVE!

Ya, I found out they were glued on. I felt like an idiot. I have to sit down and take some time to wiggle them back and forth to get them off. Some ding dong used a glue gun to get them to stick on. Those cacti look ridiculous with those poofs of straw on their heads.

OK Big Kahuna,
    here's two more photos of my cacti trays. Help me if you can. I don't know how best to ask you to take a stab at them but how about from the top around clockwise. I am really proud of my babies. They're my very first venture out into the world of cacti and succulents.

Cacti Tray #1

Cacti Tray #2

The succulent tray. Maybe if you know what any of these are you could start with that largest one that is light green and work your way around clockwise. The flowers on the one succulent thingie are real. I tugged on them a little and they felt real.

By the way superimposedhope, I know you are happily married but I'm sending big cyber hugs to you anyway for trying to help me!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tray 1)
    top center gold: Parodia
    right fish hook: Mammillaria perezdelarosae
    bottom spider spines: Gymnocalycium
    left very spiney: Thelocactus

Tray 2)
    back-middle golden: Cleistocactus
    back-right red top: Gymnocalycium grafted onto stock of Hylocereus undatus
    golden cluster front left: Mammillaria prolifera
    bottom-right white spines: Thellocactus

Tray 3)
    back-right and back-left green with white spots: Haworthia reinwardtii
    Bright green-center tallest: Aloe
    Right with pink flowers: Kalanchoe
    bottom left dark red and green throat: Escheveria hybrid

Hows that?
    Joe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice work Sherlock!
    I can't put it any closer than you did, but can confirm you have the genera right.

Watch those cacti thorns, they can be nasty. I gave up cacti from being stuck once too often, but I grew them for a decade. PAy attention to the winter rest requirements and you should have some beautiful REAL flowers.

Check out some of the stem succulents and caudex formers. NEarly as much personality in them as CP.
    "Grow More, Share More"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    YOWZER! superimposedhope, you be da man! Forget the hug, big kiss to you for your help!

Couple of questions-

What is peeking out slightly above the Kalanchoe with the little pink flowers in the succulent tray?

Cacti thorns Tamlin? Did you say cacti thorns? You mean those things that I spent about an hour with a tweezers plucking out of my body? Those cactus thorns? I had no idea how visually impaired I was until I tried to extract blonde cactus thorns out of my Caucasian flesh. What fun! Can't wait to go to work this morning with bandaids all over my hands after trying to unwrap them. All I did was take them out of their little foil and cellophane bondage wrappers. Ouch ouch and triple ouch. I'm thinking tongs are the way to go with those things when I have to transplant them. Either that or oven mits. Let's see those cactus thorns penetrate that and work their way into my hands. Any better way to handle them that will do less damage to me? I so hate pain.

Please explain what I need to do to make sure my cacti get the proper winter rest requirements. Do the succulents have winter rest requirements? If so, what are they?

I take the cacti I have are all temperate species? This may be a good thing.

How frequently, or rather infrequently, should these precious little babies be watered? I am told I can use regular tap water. Is this true?

What potting mix are you all using for your cacti? Scratch that, what should I use for mine as you all might have tropical cacti?

What should I use for the succulents?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    those thorns are why i stick to mostly succulents and epiphytics. the ones that have thorns dont seem as bad as most of the desert varieties. you need a Selenicerus(sp?) hamatas. the thing is a weed. its doubled in size since i got it from Joe last May/June and it wasnt exactly small then. flowers a foot across(though i havent seen one yet, Joe says next year probably). its coming down to the shop after i get back from St. Louis as its quickly trying to over grow my CPs at home.
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast