Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lophophora williamsii

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LMAO! actualy as far as i know im 100% white. 1/2 of my family has only been in the country for a hundred years or so(mostly Norweigian with a lil German thrown in) the other halfs been around since well before the civil war which leaves me with a mix of English, Irish, Scotish some more German and Norwegian and who really knows what else. i prefer the term: Mutt if your going to use something other than American.

on the cherokee thing................if i hear one more person tell me "my grandmother was a Cherokee princess" im going to blow my top. atleast pick a different freaking tribe if your going to feed me a line of BS

*DISCLAIMER: If anything i just said affends you in anyway please read my signature and buy yourself a helmet. i live on an indian reservation and have for almost 25 years. im quite familiar with native american history*
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thouht you had to be a NA to live on a reservation?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol nope. infact IIRC 1/8 the Rez is owned by "whites" as alot of natives sold their land. lived here almost all my life as has my wife who is also a mutt with no Native blood. about 1/3 my highschool graduating class was white(or atleast mostly so) this is the USA yah can live where yah want besides if there were no whites here there would be nothing for buisnesses and before yah get angry at that state ment i suggest yah come up here for awhile and actually watch the way things work. the tribes kicked out their tribal chairman a couple years ago because he was sneaking money out of the cookie jar so to speak. they found out, kicked him out and at the next election voted him back in so he could keep doing it. i have yet to see a legitimatly 100% tribal buisness run smoothly on its own for more than a year. well i take that back, there is one but hes looking to move it off this Rez to the next one down the highway cause he is having heck of a time finding empoyees that wont steal from him. its dang near insane some of the stuff that goes on here.
    cervid serial killer
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ugh why not just integrate into society. i mean come on. if i was a NA i would. yeah they got a bad deal, they got totally screwed, but that was a looong time ago.

i'd rather be a corrupted american than a spirtual native american any day. I don't see the logic in worshipping a corn-god.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol most NA's are Catholic or Mormon or about anything else though the first two seem most common. its a lack of work ethic. the reservation here is basically a wellfair state. there are some hard working individuals though. the guy running our photo lab is a Native and i wouldnt give him up for anyone else. he is a darn hard worker and very intellegent with some college education. most however cant hold a job if their life depends on it. they are happy to recieve their government hand outs and do nothing. granted this isnt just a Native problem, their is plenty of white trash here aswell.
    cervid serial killer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol, REALLY? i thought the whole point of living on a reservation was to do our own NA spiritual things and all that jazz...

you learn something new everyday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    JLAP my friend, be sensitive regarding other religious bents other than your own and consider where the failure to worship and cherish the powers of Nature have delivered us. Your "corn god" comment rubbed the wrong way, since this is part of MY religion.
    I guess Jesus slipped up when he didn't address the need to cherish and presrve our Mother.

The "war on drugs" made a 4000 year old NA religious ceremony into a crime, and demonstrated yet again the white mans indifference to any culture not their own. This law really disgusts me!

It also made it impossible to legally grow a very awesome cactus. These sort of laws are absurd, since the NA's are certainly not going to abandon thier ceremony, nor are horticulturlists going to NOT grow them because of a foolish law. No wonder other countries think we're all nut cases here. It's flipping EMBARASSING!

As far as peyote consumption goes...it is not "recreational" in any sense, but under the right conditions can teach and heal. I would be happy to discuss this in PM with anyone interested but this isn't the place. I might get banned or arrested :0(
    "Grow More, Share More"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tamlin, my SINCEREST appologies! I really didn't know I would offend anyone. I guess I have a disdain for all religion, especially organized. I should work on that.I completely retract my comment. I used to be heavily into Astral Projection and had amazing, non drug-induced experiences. I guess our beliefs overlap a little bit.

I agree. I think all drugs should be legalized. The ritualistic use of mescaline and ayuhuasca, as seen in in the south-american religions, as well as Iboga in africa, can be a very spiritual and meaningful. (lets please not let this be turned into another Salvia divinorum thread)

Once agian I am deeply sorry I offended you. It was not my intention what so ever.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast