Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Newbie starting cp collection

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey hey, incase i havent met you already, im a fairly new member to the forums and a completely new member to the world of CPs. Thanks again for all the help from you guys. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_o_32.gif[/img]

Im looking for any relatively easy-to-grow CPs, preferrably sundews or a small nep, that you would like to me to take off your hands (and put them in my terrarium). I can send SASEs, and i can send some random stuff for trade, but no CPs yet. Thank you. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Want drosera seed? PM'ed you.
    Hi. My name is Ron, and I am a nepaholic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mgiht have a few sarracenia, pm me
    Join the CCPS, you wont regret it: http://s4.invisionfree.com/CCPS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have tons of plants, but in trade, I want the ninja outfit! And if the shuriken, and katana come with it, all the better!! LOL!!!! Welcome to you!!!!
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Let's positive thinking! seedjar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Keep in mind that not all CPs belong in an indoor terrarium, Chris. Some of them just can't take room temperatures year round. I don't even know if Bugsie here has any indoor CPs at all. Sarracenia and many Drosera come from temperate regions and need winter conditions every year to survive. If you're only looking to setup the terrarium, you should make note of it.
    ~Joe
    o//~ Livin' like a bug ain't easy / My old clothes don't seem to fit me /
    I got little tiny bug feet / I don't really know what bugs eat /
    Don't want no one steppin' on me / Now I'm sympathizin' with fleas /
    Livin' like a bug ain't easy / Livin' like a bug ain't easy... o//~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ahhh, like seedjar here said, for now im only planning an indoor terrarium. I could grow some outdoors perhaps, but here in southern california it doesnt get too cold in winter anyways. just PM me if ya got a little plant to add to my little setup. if not its cool, im doing okay so far.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Growing outdoors in Southern California yields many positive results, man! I would seriously consider that idea if I were in your gi! (Prefer the Hakama myself. VERY comfortable.) Sundews will grow year round. Most South African forms, and many Australian forms will respond well. The sundews are so vast, you could find many you could enjoy outdoors year round. From the USA, d. capillaris is a year round grower, and d. brevifolia too. Give it some thought.
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey,
    Quick word of advice. This forum is great for someone looking for advice and plants, you just got to be patient. Sooner or later people will post plants or seeds that they are willing to give for SASE. Alot of times, people who are offering to trade less exotic stuff will send it to you for shipping if they cant find a trade.

Oh, and if you are any of the people who have helped me out in this way....than.... hey, thanks alot. You are the greatest... and stuff.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast