What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Newbie starting cp collection

Hey hey, incase i havent met you already, im a fairly new member to the forums and a completely new member to the world of CPs. Thanks again for all the help from you guys.
smile_o_32.gif

Im looking for any relatively easy-to-grow CPs, preferrably sundews or a small nep, that you would like to me to take off your hands (and put them in my terrarium). I can send SASEs, and i can send some random stuff for trade, but no CPs yet. Thank you.
smile.gif

I have tons of plants, but in trade, I want the ninja outfit! And if the shuriken, and katana come with it, all the better!! LOL!!!! Welcome to you!!!!

Keep in mind that not all CPs belong in an indoor terrarium, Chris. Some of them just can't take room temperatures year round. I don't even know if Bugsie here has any indoor CPs at all. Sarracenia and many Drosera come from temperate regions and need winter conditions every year to survive. If you're only looking to setup the terrarium, you should make note of it.
~Joe

ahhh, like seedjar here said, for now im only planning an indoor terrarium. I could grow some outdoors perhaps, but here in southern california it doesnt get too cold in winter anyways. just PM me if ya got a little plant to add to my little setup. if not its cool, im doing okay so far.

Growing outdoors in Southern California yields many positive results, man! I would seriously consider that idea if I were in your gi! (Prefer the Hakama myself. VERY comfortable.) Sundews will grow year round. Most South African forms, and many Australian forms will respond well. The sundews are so vast, you could find many you could enjoy outdoors year round. From the USA, d. capillaris is a year round grower, and d. brevifolia too. Give it some thought.

Hey,
Quick word of advice. This forum is great for someone looking for advice and plants, you just got to be patient. Sooner or later people will post plants or seeds that they are willing to give for SASE. Alot of times, people who are offering to trade less exotic stuff will send it to you for shipping if they cant find a trade.

Oh, and if you are any of the people who have helped me out in this way....than.... hey, thanks alot. You are the greatest... and stuff.

Hello and welcome to the forums.
smile.gif
It'll probably help you to read the rules for this forum. As you see, we have many generous members here. But its a good idea to wait until someone makes a free offer instead of asking for plants or seeds. Everyone here understands what its like to be "new" and not have anything to trade. You gotta start somewhere! But its taken most people here many years to amass their collections. Be patient...the plants will come with time. Giveaways are often posted.

Welcome to your new addiction.
smile.gif

PAK

Yeah, I wasn't trying to discourage you from getting outdoor plants, I just didn't know if you had the growing space and exposure for them. The Californian climate is ideal for a wide variety of outdoor plants; you can even get away with growing many types of Nepenthes outdoors, with impressive results.
~Joe

i've got lots of sundews that I can give you that will do well on window sills. If interested, send me a PM.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (PlantAKiss @ Sep. 25 2005,10:49)]But its taken most people here many years to amass their collections.
Check my growlist. I'd say 80% of it has been amassed since March 2005, trading on this forum.

Quite a few came from people who offered free giveaways.

I'll probably be offering one myself soon, so keep your eyes peeled.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SarraceniaScott @ Sep. 27 2005,3:43)]Check my growlist.  I'd say 80% of it has been amassed since March 2005, trading on this forum.

Quite a few came from people who offered free giveaways.
Same here, only mine started a year earlier.

its not nice to beg especialy if your intentions are to make people's ears bleed.
smile_n_32.gif

7Santiago, my ears have been bleeding since he started begging, but I have too much blood anyway. I will wait this out, and see if I need a transfusion later. Now sit quietly and bleed with the rest of us. Anybody out there have AB positive blood should I get light headed??

If you've got AB, then I have 'O'.

you guys just hijacked my begging thread with bags of donor blood. pretty soon we'll be collecting blood for hurricane victims. oh and on the topic of blood, has anyone fed a CP blood? i know meat is bad for them, but just curious. oh and sorry i just went on a tangent in the wrong section of the forums. woops.:(

We do that from time to time - mainly, the older more mature members, like me, Bugweed, BigCarnivourKid, Laura, and April. Have ya seen the topic about nothing?

I'm AB-
I just had to be different.

April is A-
She just had to be different too.

Her husband's blood type is 0+ and my husband's blood type is also 0+. We married commoners.

Well, now I've added to the bags of donor blood referred to in this thread so I feel much better.

We don't have any plants to share with you Takahashi but we wish we did because your request was so unique. Guess we'll just have to learn to live with bloody ears.

So Jim, April and I are considered "older more mature" members. eh? I think the younger generation is just jealous because the "voices" only talk to us.  Seriously, April and I have in fact reached the age where happy hour is a nice long nap and consciousness is that annoying time between happy hours. At our age, we most assuredly don't suffer from insanity... we're enjoying every minute of it. That being said, over the hill is still a lot better than being under the hill.

Back