What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Us/canada/other countries growers

• Thread starter Cindy
  • Start date
  • Tags
    send

Cindy

Staff member
Hi, I am just wondering if it's alright to send cuttings from Singapore to anywhere else in the world? i.e. the laws etc etc

Since there ain't that many growers in Singapore, I often have a few left after giving them away. Instead of throwing them out or giving them to my students, I thought of offering them here.
smile.gif

Cindy, as far as I know, it depends on the destinations country's import laws. Since most people here on in the US, the very least you will need is a phyto-santitary certificate. Depending on what cuttings, the recipients may require CITIES permits.

May be able to get one from the AVA for S$11, Cindy. But if in vain I assure you that there are ppl in singapore who will no doubt love to step up to the offer.
smile_m_32.gif
*wink wink*

I know that you can send seeds to canada from singapore with no hassle but i'm uncertain re:cuttings

Zac

"anywhere else in the world"- ouch, too broad.  Although most countries participated in the IPPC treaty and acknowledge and abide by the international standards, each country seems to have additional restrictions and limitations regarding import/export. I am relatively sure all control plant material (seed would be included in this category) to one degree or another.

That's it...I will have to turn my balcony into a forest.
smile_m_32.gif

A forest sounds nice ;>

Generally speaking.. The shipper will need at least a phytosanitary certificate. Seed and sterile TC jars included. CITES may or may not be required. Just a note that all Nepenthes and Sarracenia are on CITES. Some of them being listed on appendix I which means potential major problem shipping.

The receipient would have to look into laws within their own country as to what is required. Most countries require some sort of import permit. It is up to the receipient to know their countries laws and acquire the proper permits and supply them to the shipper!! Note that permits may be different depending on the plants involved..

On the topic of seeds...its is just too difficult for them to control what goes in and out in brown bubble envelopes unless they pry open each one. So the seeds will always be safe to send...hopefully.

Yes, a forest definitely sounds better all the time.

Back