What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It's time to rebuild a bit after a bad summer (eg see "Ode to Raccoons" in the Nepenthes forum), and i've reconfigured to have more lowland space (so much easier to maintain in my present circumstances).  

Anyway, if you have a Nepenthes species (not hybrid) not on my list, let me know! I'm especially interested in truncata, since a friend of mine saw mine and wants one! The disease spreads. Mwahahahaha
mad.gif

I only have to offer at the moment:
N. gracilis

N. sanguinea "Dark Red"  - Truly sanguine in coloration.

Some pics from the parent:
20040706-CP-N.sanguinea-sunlight, it does the highland good-6.5inch monster pitcher.jpg

Another photo, showing the pitcher inner color and spotting, and the red coloration of the leaf veins in full sun.

This does great with bright light, putting out lots of large pitchers that hold on the plant for reasonably long times, even in ambient Boston indoor temperature and humidity.  I have kept Mr. Sanguine on my windowsill since i got it, and it has been through drought and flood with flying colors.

N. gracilis 'Dusky'

A moderately colored gracilis (mostly the ground pitchers).  Grows fast like all gracilis, with a tendency to fork and send up multiple shoots.  If you want a plant to fill up any size terrarium, but which is easy to prune back and propagate, give gracilis a try.

Here's a new and not very colorful pitcher on a cutting which was rooted (and growing) in water:
20050111-CP-N.gracilis ''Dusky''-pitcher.jpg

Gracilis develops a very healthy-sized root system.  For example:
20050111-CP-N.gracilis ''Dusky''-tip cutting growing hydroponically-2.jpg

Out of curiosity, why are you wearing gloves in the last picture?

The warning's too late for me, but I was kind enough to let Barry use my photos for his FAQ.

Back