Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: N. ampullaria wanted

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (lol @ Jan. 08 2006,8:54)]Ampullarias are an uncommon species in the Nepenthes market.
    I see them occaisionally. Are they difficult to grow, or not as desirable to growers? LOL, you have a 'Tricolor' (now called harlequin I believe). How's that growing for you? Are amps slow growers? And I think highlanders are out of the question for me--too hot here in the summer.
    My chicken legs taste like chicken--only less meaty.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    JBL,
    In my experience ( I have the green form and the spotted form), provided average lowland conditions they are quite vigorous growers. They generally can tollerate short spans of lower humidity, especially if well watered. My spotted is still fairly compact, but the main vine died on me (I forgot to water it....dumb dumb dumb), and I've had to trim the green form twice in two years for it to stay comfortably in my 75 gallon tank.

Over all I'd say they're rather easy.
    17 Nash Rd.
    North Salem, NY 10560

YOU! Outta my gene pool!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    im growing my spotted form in intermediate conditions, yes i know its not ideal for the plant but it was either going to have to adapt or get traded when i tore apart my lowland tank. it adapted quite well. i wouldnt say its a compact species unless you trim it to keep it from vining. i dont know why its not as common as some. the green and spotted forms seem easy to keep and more adaptable to conditions than some other species.
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Schloaty, would you mind posting some pictures of your 75 gallon tank? I'd love to see it!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12