Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: This forum is for Trading.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]
    Boo!
    Got scared [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, not everybody sends USPS! Shipping costs vary drastically between package size/weight and shipping service!

-D. Lybrand
    Check my growlist! Nothing currently available for trade...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is that why some eBay auctions charge such high shipping, because they use that "flat rate?"

Cheers,

Joe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Is that why some eBay auctions charge such high shipping, because they use that "flat rate?"
    No, Joe. That's actually a sneaky way of cheating Ebay out of their commision, since the commision is on the sale price, not the shipping. So people offer something for a rediculously low price, but charge out the yin yang for shipping so they get to keep more money.
    17 Nash Rd.
    North Salem, NY 10560

YOU! Outta my gene pool!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't understand why this is a rule.

If ********** dose NOT SELL whatever you have, why can't you charge for it? How is that hurting anything?

I think its a stupid rule that needs to be changed. How about this. As long as whatever you need to get rid of is NOT SOLD on ********** and you are NOT selling it for a competitor, then you can charge for it if you wish. Alot of n00bs have a hard time getting started because they just don't have anything for trade.

Thats my 2cents.
    My life sucks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (CopcarFC @ Mar. 14 2006,10:57)]I don't understand why this is a rule.

If ********** dose NOT SELL whatever you have, why can't you charge for it? How is that hurting anything?

I think its a stupid rule that needs to be changed. How about this. As long as whatever you need to get rid of is NOT SOLD on ********** and you are NOT selling it for a competitor, then you can charge for it if you wish. Alot of n00bs have a hard time getting started because they just don't have anything for trade.

Thats my 2cents.
    This is the rule because this is a TRADING forum and not a selling forum. The rule is put in place to avoid problems that are inherent with selling (e.g., what is fair market value). In addition, this forum is not obligated to allow selling. There are enough problems with trading alone. New growers will find people more than generous here. Many plants have been freely given merely for the cost of postage.

And as is if this bears repeating, this site is here as a courtesy by the owners, not an entitlement. They can make whatever rules they want. Saying that the rules are stupid is certainly not going to change them. This is not subject to debate, nor were opposing views solicited because things might change if we say 'the rule is stupid and should be changed'.

Now, whatever you and another member work out in PMs, email etc, as these are not monitored, you can do. But posting of items for sale is not allowed, end of story.

My chicken legs taste like chicken--only less meaty.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Calm down dude, I'm not demanding anything. Just giving my opinion, it's just a suggestion.

I know that the owner can do whatever the hell they want with this site and my little comment means next to nothing.

When I say something is "Stupid" I don't mean it as harshly as you interpreted it. I really ment it in a lighthearted way. But one thing I still don't understand is that thousands of other forums have "for sale" sections that do just fine. Are you saying that people here are crooks that will take you cash and run? I dont think people here would be nearly as bad as the people selling things on the car forums. And once again, I'm not commanding a change. I honestly could care less if this forum gets a "for sale" section.
    My life sucks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am calm. Using the word stupid on an internet forum is not necessarily going to be interpreted in a lighthearted way. There was nothing in the context of your post to suggest that. And if you want to sell things on those 'thousands' of other forums, you are free to do so. In fact there are ones where you can sell CP. Just not this one, end of story again, I hope. As previously stated, this is NOT subject to debate.
    My chicken legs taste like chicken--only less meaty.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast