What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

This forum is for Trading.

• Thread starter Glenn
  • Start date
  • Tags
    free
[b said:
Quote[/b] (little Nices @ Mar. 17 2006,11:28)]Dudys
smile.gif
I don't get it
smile.gif

Padded envelope itself cost 30-60 cents and delivery confirm. costs 50 cents
smile.gif
Priority mail gets it there much faster if you are on the other side of the country that makes a huge difference in plant health. If you are shipping seeds a bubble envelope that is fine. If you are shippng a live plant, cutting or gemmae time is a factor. Delivery confirmation also helps me make sure people get their stuff. I have just done my first plant trade as a sender, but I have done ebay for a while. Speed is important and while it costs a little extra, it means it gets there sooner. The days of allow 6-8 weeks for delivery are gone.

Also delivery confirmation is 1.35 I belive but definitly more than 30-60 cents.

Oh, forget it! I would like to trade member Understudy for 5 different VFT clones, and 2 butterworts to make up for two who thought the winter sucked! In other words, they b ded! So, whoever has these 5 clones, and p. carulea, and p. lutea, just grab Understudy and run, AFTER you send the plants!!!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bugweed @ Mar. 19 2006,9:32)]Oh, forget it! I would like to trade member Understudy for 5 different VFT clones, and 2 butterworts to make up for two who thought the winter sucked! In other words, they b ded! So, whoever has these 5 clones, and p. carulea, and p. lutea, just grab Understudy and run, AFTER you send the plants!!!!
I think I am worth at least a couple drosera too.
I understand now why writers don't like editors. ;)

The priority mail rates are based on weight and distance shipped.
You can view those here at :
http://www.usps.com/consumers/domestic.htm

Also I made a small mistake, delivery confirmation is .50 with priority mail. Insurance is the $1.35 item. Priority mail is $4.05 if you use a priority mail envelope only. If you use a priority mail box it is $8.10 . If you use your own box or envelope it is based on the chart. So prices can vary.

UPS shipping rates can be viewed here . Ground shipping within your state or zone usually happens in one day but there are no guarentess, it costs more than the post office charges for priority mail. UPS however will ship larger containers and boxes than the post office will and tracking is automatically included in the price. UPS will also ship orange label (3 day), blue label (2 day), and red label (1 day). The prices vary on distance, weight, and choice of label.

FedEx now offers a ground service and Home Delivery service. The rates are similar to those with UPS. You can download the rate chart from this page. Fedex tends to have better service but only if you are a commerical entity.

Back