What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for pings and drosera

glider14

Always a newbie
Hey guys! ok so im going to try to start a bog garden. but i need plants! does anybody have or know where to find any of these pings?(PM me for that)

macroceras ssp. macroceras
macroceras ssp. nortensis
vulgaris
villosa

and could someone tell me(PM) where to get D. liniaris?
thanks!

PS: i am not looking for a trade this second! i still need to research the needs for most of them.
smile_l_32.gif

I know of no stands in Ohio, though there may be some, but d. linearis grows from Michigan/ Wisconsin, close to the Canadian Border, and into Canada. There are other stands of d. linearis farther east in Canada, and a small area in Maine. Otherwise, there are no other stands I know of. The Michigan plants are usually in alkaline marl bogs, but will adapt to peat acid soil. Mostly in eastern and northern Michigan and into northeast Wisconsin. A beautiful, but hard to come by drosera. I have found some stands just off of Lake Huron, north of Port Huron, Michigan.

I believe Tommy Landry found some stands in Canada...not sure where.

Back