Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Nepenthes seeds

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I might have gotten the wrong info. I will ask them again- people who gave me seeds- and verify
    Boo!
    Got scared [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am not sure, but aren't these TC DeRoose plants single clones, meaning that whatever 'Gentle' is, all those plants are that gender(or do they have multiple clones?)?

Cheers,

Joe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have two and they are both males. It seems like all of the common TC plants/hybreds are males.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I gave them a querry and I'm waiting for a reply.
    They have multiple sex of plants, only they are isolated during pollination, to avoid making a hybrid with unknown origin.
    Boo!
    Got scared [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, if it turns out they have multiple genders/clones, I think it would be interesting to see if any genetic variabilty is produced from the seed, or if this were to happen in the wild, if it would lead to speciation.

Cheers,

Joe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got a answer for the querry that I sent couple days ago. I can't copy the exact words they wrote (Since it's in Korean, obviously). They said that they buy Nepenthes from other countries such as US. They also said that N. maxima "Gentle" is a cultivar that a ***** ( They didn't give the name- The place I got seeds- of the company to keep privacy and business going, I guess) had produced and bought couple of them to reproduce and sell. They didn't exactly give the info. about the cultivar and since they don't know about it well and said that they will contact *****.

Have to wait again...
    Boo!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well... while we wait for the answers and explanations, i planted the seeds you sent me like a month ago. Still there is no germination, but i still keep the faith... (Nep's seeds can take longer than that to germinate, right?)

So, as i was saying, while we wait for the answers, let's see what comes from my seeds

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I just had some sprout that took about 4 months.

-Jeremiah-

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast