Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Free VFTs standard and Big Mouth

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Bug, I asked the same thing... His VFT growlist is actually really good!! (better than mine!! ) lol
    -Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Adnedarn wrote:
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ] [...] have you made a growlist in the growlist forum yet?
    No, I haven't yet. Thank you for the suggestion. I'll do that!

best wishes everyone-- Happy Growing Season!

xscd/Steve
    Be happy in the travel--there is no destination

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome Steve to the forum! Glad to have you here. I will not PM you about VFT since you say your full, but if you end up still having extra after those I will be glad to be an alternate addoption home for your plants. Do you grow other things? Orchids by chance? If your interested in trying some of those we could work out a trade if you like. Again welcome! I look forward to seeing more of your posts.
    JB
    Friend me on facebook with JB_orchidguy@yahoo.com.
    Growlist Updated 05/08/13

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]Welcome Steve to the forum! Glad to have you here.
    Thanks for the welcome. It seems like a really nice bunch of people here at TerraForums.

Quote[/b] ] [...] I will be glad to be an alternate addoption home for your plants. [...]
    Thank you. I'll keep that in mind. I'm sometimes overwhelmed with plants.

Quote[/b] ] Do you grow other things? Orchids by chance?
    Yes, I do grow a few orchids. They remind me of the rainforest of Peru where I spent my childhood in the 1950s and early 1960s. Some photos of a few of my orchids and CP are at my website:
    xscd.com Orchid/CP pics

Quote[/b] ] If your interested in trying some of those we could work out a trade if you like.
    I'm afraid my greenhouse--sun room, really--is absolutely full right now. I couldn't fit a pygmy drosera into it! It serves quadruple duty as a sunroom with table to drink tea/coffee and read and enjoy warm, sunny mornings on the coldest days of winter; a vegetable garden seedling nursery, an orchid house and a carnivorous plant greenhouse. Right now all of what used to be the extra space a few weeks ago is filled with newly divided and transplanted VFTs and vegetable seedlings.

However, this fall or next spring I will have a number of VFTs of various varieties (see my entry in the "grow list" topic here at TerraForums) for trade or give away. I look forward to sharing.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds good enough, and on behalf of the addoptive parents of your VFT thanks for your generosity! Again welcome!
    JB
    Friend me on facebook with JB_orchidguy@yahoo.com.
    Growlist Updated 05/08/13

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great pics, Steve, and welcome! I love the bead work. I never knew there was a vegetarian D. capensis! How many days did it take to eat that apple?
    My chicken legs taste like chicken--only less meaty.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    JBL wrote:
    Quote[/b] ]Great pics, Steve, and welcome! I love the bead work. I never knew there was a vegetarian D. capensis! How many days did it take to eat that apple?
    I'm the vegetarian, my pet plants aren't.

Here's another pic from this morning: a VFT vigorous sunning on the back patio with Mozart and a beverage:
    VFT Vigorous

The beadwork I learned in Peru from watching and copying the natives. (I grew up in the rainforest. Maybe that's why I seem to have an affinity for plants?) It is different than typical North American Indian beadwork. I enjoyed the hobby during my childhood all the way into my 30s. (I'm a (hopefully) venerable old man now, at 54.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The VFTs in my offer that started this discussion thread were shipped yesterday, Monday, April 25, 2006, to 8 forum members. They should arrive in a few days.

For those who receive them, please let me know by private message what condition the plants arrived in. This is my first attempt at shipping VFTs so I'm very appreciative and grateful for any suggestions and comments, after you see how the bare-root plants I sent fared during shipment to your various locations (Arizona, Louisiana, New York, Pennsylvania, Washington state, Oklahoma, Texas, North Carolina).

Steve/xscd

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast