Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Free VFTs standard and Big Mouth

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    (UPDATE: no more requests please--I happily already have more requests than I can fulfill. Thanks everyone!)

--- original post below ---

Free to Good Home -- VFTs Standard and Big Mouth

April 21, 2006--
    It is spring here in eastern New Mexico, US, and I will soon divide and repot my standard and Big Mouth Venus Flytraps. I will have probably a dozen or two Big Mouth and several dozen standard VFTs that I would like to ship to good homes in the US, preferably the southern or southwest US where it's warm enough to ship them soon. There are no fees; I'll even pay the shipping.

My plants are vigorous and healthy, and I am overwhelmed with babies by natural vegetative propagation. My original 2 dozen VFTs of several varieties, bought 2 years ago, has turned into more than 200. I would like the extras to go to persons who will appreciate and enjoy them.

Anyone who wants some of the Big Mouth (also known as Red Purple) must also agree to take 2-3 times that amount of "standard" VFT bulbs. I don't want all my Big Mouths to vanish and me be left with a few dozen orphan baby standard VFTs!

If interested, send private message in forum.

Thanks!
    Be happy in the travel--there is no destination

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Standard= Typical.
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forums!!! Ususaly people join to beg, you're quite the opposite.
    Hope to see you in some of the other topics.

-Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had no idea that within an hour of posting my free VFT offer I would have 4 private messages from people interested in the offer. Thank you all! I will try to portion the bulbs between all who are interested, and I'll write private messages to each.

BugWeed--> Thanks. Yes, by "standard" I meant typical or common. I wasn't sure which term is most used.

Adnedarn--> Thank you for the welcome! For some reason I seem to have an affinity for Venus Flytraps. Although I live in an arid high plain (eastern New Mexico) I grow my VFTs with no special care or attention beyond their minimum requirements, and they have thrived beyond my highest hopes or expectations. And they are *always* hungry, voracious and ruthless!

I hope to share and compare with others some notes from my own experience and cultural techniques for VFTs elsewhere in the forum.

Thanks all--

xscd/Steve

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That was VFT's.... see what happens if you posted about Byblis liniflora seeds!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello all-- Thanks to the people who have already written private messages to me, I now have plenty of good homes to send my extra VFTs to.

I am already happily overwhelmed with offers to adopt my extra VFTs, so please, no more private messages from people who have not already responded.

Thank you all who have responded so far (11 CP enthusiasts). I appreciate your responses very much. I'll write private messages to each of you. I will pay for the shipping--it will be a trivial expense anyway and not worth haggling about. Just remember me and maybe you can return the favor sometime.

Best wishes,

xscd/Steve

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Wow- you decided to go free shipping also? Truely awesome! Everyone definatly needs to remember you and let you know if they have something you "need" have you made a growlist in the growlist forum yet? It'd help people to see what you have, and what you "need"
    Andrew
    -Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And what do YOU need? Red Dragon VFT, Red Pirahna, Sawtooth, Dentate, Fused tooth, Dingley's Giant, Royal Red, Green Dragon, Fang, Giant Red rosetted? Many cultivars to look at XSCD!
    Google Dionaea Photos. Find the one from humboldt.edu, go in and feast your eyes if you haven't already. Much to see! Much to learn!!

45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast