What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It seems that some other forums aren't interested in this offer.  Their loss.

I just got an order from Sarr Northwest this week and I love it.  Problem is, this is my first attempt at live sphagnum and since I've put my plans to install a bog garden on hold I seem to find myself with way more moss than I expected.

I thought that there would be folks that didn't need an entire bag full but can't just buy enough for a pot or two.  Drop me a line!  I can send you enough for a small pot if you want or more if you need it.  I have set aside enough for myself and if need be can always put more away for when I do do the bog garden thing, but I'm not sure where to put it all.

I won't sell it-I wouldn't buy something and then sell it off.  This is nice live moss sent from Sarracenia Northwest this week (July 17th is when it arrived).  If you'd like some of this, I will trade for additions to my CP collection only.  Please no cape or lance leaf sundews or typical VFTs.  I don't have any guidelines for this so if you're interested, let me know what you would like to get rid of and how much moss you'd like.  

-Brian

really...live sphagnum from a good nursery available.  I've filled large trays of peat, small containers of peat and several nep pots and STILL have some left over.  I had no idea how far a baggie of this stuff could be stretched.  I'm running out of places to put it all!  Need enough for one 4" pot?  Let me know.  Only have one 3" pot of nepenthes and want some moss??  This is your chance.  

anyone?

I would love some, but have nothing to trade. I'm currently trying to grow some out from dried moss. Looks promising, but /very/ slow.

Learn to grow it! I've got plenty of sphagnum myself, but you never know when you'll want to repot with it or use it for mailing. Every now and then someone will want to trade for it, too. If you can learn to grow sphagnum in your water trays and terraria, you'll always have excess for trades. It looks nice too. And once you get enough, you'll start finding red strands. I'm in the process of potting up all my old typical sphagnum and replacing it with red moss, which should make for good trading.
~Joe

Back