Thread: VFT Green Dragon giveaway

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]
    Est wrote:
    I checked this earlier and it was done, and now I'm seeing more posts in here saying that they've emailed xscd. There is a big, bolded few lines up top saying that the offer is up; PLEASE be respectful and read the post before contacting the offering party.
    Thank you Est.

Yes, the offer is now closed. Five people will each receive a group of these VFTs. I'm sorry I can't fulfill everyone's request, but I will have more VFTs to offer for giveaway in groups a little later this season (probably in a month or so).

The next time I make an offer I'll post a notice some days in advance saying exactly when I will list my next giveaways, so that people who are really interested can hopefully login a little early and respond quickly when the offer appears. Those giveaways will include Dente, Big Mouth, Fang, Blood Red Traps, and Banded VFTs, and possibly a few other varieties.

Best wishes all, and apologies to those whose requests I couldn't fill at this time.

-Steve/xscd
    New Mexico, US
    Be happy in the travel--there is no destination

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Green Dragon VFTs that I offered in this giveaway have been shipped this afternoon, Monday, July 31, 2006, in five packages bound for Pennsylvania, Georgia, Florida, Oklahoma and Nebraska.

To those who receive the packages, please let me know when they arrive and if they are (hopefully) in good shape. Then you can reimburse me $5 for shipping via PayPal. Thanks!

Steve/xscd

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Followup--

4 out of the five TerraForums members I sent these groups of VFTs to have let me know that they have received them (in good shape, thank goodness) in the last couple days (they were shipped Monday, July 31 and receieved 2 or 3 days later, on Wednesday and Thursday), and three of those four have already reimbursed me by PayPal.

The last and 5th person wrote me a note saying he would be out of town for a week, which caused me to wonder why he wanted me to ship some VFTs to him if he was not going to be there to receive them. In addition, in response to my message that they had been shipped and asking for reimbursment for shipping via PayPal (I stipulated in the original offer at the beginning of this thread/topic that any prospective recipient must have a PayPal account), he wrote back a one-line: "I don't know how to use PayPal."

Edit-- this 5th person wrote me a note later the same day I posted this message and said that although he's traveling, there was someone at home who had received the plants and said they looked in great shape, and who he asked to put them in some water in a shady place until he gets back home in about 5 days (not optimal by any means, but better than the plants staying in their shipping box during that time with no fresh air and no light). He said he would send cash for shipping when he gets home, since he doesn't do PayPal.

I think that in the future I'm going to ask for the shipping fee first, as a prerequisite when I offer plants for free giveaway--and as the Trading Post guidelines suggest and I should have done in the first place.

In addition, out of courtesy to **********.com, I won't offer any more Green Dragon VFTs (I hadn't read that in the guidelines at the time, and I apologize to the moderators and owners of **********.com).

The people I promise to send plants to will have to trust that I will actually send the plants, but I have a few good character witnesses in TerraForums now.

Just to clarify a point, the person I'm speaking about above is not one of the people whose posts and nicknames appear in this topic. He wrote to me only by private message and email.

Anyway, to the other 4, thanks and I hope you enjoy the plants.

-Steve/xscd
    New Mexico, US

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12