What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

looking for a twosome ?

CP30

A Cajun(isc) Carnivore
I have 2 young cuttings of N mirabilis "gold" x mixta superba I received in the fall from Jeremiah (thanks!). They have both decided to flower.They appear to be female. I am seeking pollen.

I have a flowering male Miranda, but I am intersted in what else may be out there. The flowers will probably be mature by week end (I guess - they developed in the last 3 days).

If you have available pollen and would like to offer some for the seed, please post and I will PM approriate suitors. If you have advice for me as I have not pollenated a nep before, please post or PM.

Let's see if sex really attracts!
smile_r_32.gif

Hi CP30,

From what I understand, Mirandas are sterile. So good luck trying to get some pollen.

I have a male red ventricosa in bloom.

Hello,

Just to let you know the N mirabilis "gold" x mixta superba are male.

thanks,
-Jeremiah-

I have a female in bud too, ventricosa x (spectabilis x northiana). Which looks like a really complicated cross until you realize the resulting cross would be 1/4 ventricosa, 1/4 mirabilis, 1/4 northiana, 1/8 maxima and 1/8 spectabilis, with northiana coming from both parents. Seems like it might be pretty interesting. How soon do you think you'll have pollen? I may already have a line on some leesii pollen, but it doesn't hurt to locate another source. Here's a pic of my babe and her spike. A nice orange and red clone.
P1000016.jpg

P1010557.jpg

[b said:
Quote[/b] (srduggins @ July 31 2006,6:00)]Here's a pic of my babe and her spike.
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif

Only on a CP forum...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jeremiah Harris @ July 31 2006,3:15)]Hello,

Just to let you know the N mirabilis "gold" x mixta superba are male.

thanks,
-Jeremiah-
I was going to PM you. YES she is a HE
smile_k_ani_32.gif
I guess I got ovarally excited when I saw the stalk emeging all tight and with buds somewhat ovular. They definitely seem male tonight.
smile_h_32.gif

Anyways, anyone want some pollen - I do not think this mix is sterile??
smile_l_32.gif

Back