What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wanted: Magnolia leaves

Hi all!

I am looking for dried (dead) magnolia leaves. I am looking for 100 or so. Please pm me if you have any. They are for a gecko enclosure.

Thanks!

I'd like some of these too if anyone has any.

ahhhh I can go get you some fresh ones.  They are all over down here.  I might be able to find some dried ones too, but in any case you could dry them yourself if I were to gather fresh couldn't ya?  Any who just out of curiosity what are you looking for magnolia leaves for?  If you don't mind me asking. I can even get some seedpods when its the propper time of year.

I'm goona guess they are for frog tanks since that is why I use them and at least one other here too.

If JB can not get them for you I probably can depending on the mood of my tree.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Coleonyx @ Aug. 05 2006,1:53)]They are for a gecko enclosure.
Any chance he may be using them for this?

DOH!! Missed that obviously. I blam the fact that it was so bloody early on Monday morning

What eactly do they do for the gecko? Is there some sort of purpose they serve besides the fact for a groundcover? Just out of curiosity.

I missed that too. LOL I also blame it on the fact that It was around 5ish that I posted. LOL

I have a whole magnolia tree in my front yard, plenty of leaves, none dry though. Could I just pull like 100 off and then send them to you, then you could dry them? PM me if that would be ok with you.

-Ben

Thanks all for the replies! Someone is sending me the leaves already. Thanks though!

I breed rather small geckos that come from Mexico/Central America. They like to hide and lay eggs in the leaf litter. I would like a more tropical looking species like magnolia as opposed to oak or maple.
biggrin.gif

DSC04702.jpg

Here is a pic of one of my females

sweet! Very interesting.

She is a beauty. Is she some form of Banded?

looks like a leopard....but the strips are different.

Given he said they were from C/S. Am I wrote off Leopards

They are yucatan banded geckos (Coleonyx elegans). Closely related to leopards though

biggrin.gif

I thought it was a banded. I used to have a Tucson banded. That boy was 15.5yrs when he passed away. Quite the lifespan for such a little lizard. Great personalities on these guys.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Drosera36 @ Aug. 07 2006,11:33)]I have a whole magnolia tree in my front yard, plenty of leaves, none dry though. Could I just pull like 100 off and then send them to you, then you could dry them? PM me if that would be ok with you.

-Ben
Providing you can assure me they are pesticide free I'd definetly be interested.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Pyro @ Aug. 08 2006,1:58)]I thought it was a banded. I used to have a Tucson banded. That boy was 15.5yrs when he passed away. Quite the lifespan for such a little lizard. Great personalities on these guys.
I kept a female tucson banded gecko. They are great. I also kept desert, central american, and utah banded geckos. Much more active than leopard geckos imo.

Back