Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone have Spare Tubers?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I apologize for breaching the rules on that one -- I am very interested in trading for some Drosera tubers (if anyone has some spares that aren't potted up yet) - . I mainly have pygmy Dro.'s, Mexican Ping.'s to trade, but I also have a Petiolaris Dro. or two and a couple Heli.'s.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Asking to buy plants is not allowed on this forum!You need to read the RULES

Jerry

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've read the post a number of times and I still can't work out where throckmoron actually asks to buy plants- or have I missed something? I do see the word trade appear twice though.

I do have a heap of Drosera tubers that will be dormant in a few months, unfortunately I'm in Australia and can't help you out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seandew, fyi that TRM edited his post and removed his original request to buy. Hey we all make a few mistakes! I do know the other cp forum does allow sales so it is easy to think this ones does too.
    On another note, why so few tuberous drosera in the US? Wish someone was growing a lot and could supply! I guess this was the same with petiolaris group, but now seems more readily available in the US.

Peter
    Please check my website for photos:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/minicatt/sets

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For everyone's info, if you are trying to figure it out, I first asked to buy tubers and edited my post when I was reminded that was not OK (what is a TRM by the way, Totally Ridiculous Monkey). Did I break another rule in editing my post? I just thought I would fix the problem-- Seandew, I take it tubers are regulated as plants for import/export? Is it true you can't even send seed into Australia? I suppose looking into the micro world of parasites and fungi it makes sense to regulate all biological material like that (except that people are dirtier than anything and are allowed everywhere).

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Throckmoron. The TRM was just an abreviation for your screenname. :S Some places are more scarry than others. I guess Alstrailia is still a little freaked out about the rat and jackrabbit problem caused by importation. Atleast I think it was jackrabbits. The main thing I think they are worried about though is nemotoads. Microscopic worms that can be dangerous to crops and plants. Also viruses. Altrailia is pretty seperated form the world. Some species exist ONLY there, and bringing in a virus couls be desaterous. And plant viruses can be spread by seed too. I hope that info is accuarate.
    JB
    Friend me on facebook with JB_orchidguy@yahoo.com.
    Growlist Updated 05/08/13

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FWIW some of us are trying to get the plants out there however, unlike petiolaris, these are not as easy to propogate. Leaf cuttings are not really an optin and seed is difficult to get in cultivation so the main source is tuber division which can take a long time with some species.
    'My love was science- specifically biology and, more specifically, when placed in a common jar, which of two organisms would devour the other.'

See You Space Cowboy

actagggcagtgatatcccattggtacatggcaaattagcctcatgat
    Hagerstown, Maryland

--
    actagggcagtgatatcccattggtacatggcaaattagcctcatgat

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL Thats a new one on me Pyro. I haven;t seen FWIW before.
    JB
    Friend me on facebook with JB_orchidguy@yahoo.com.
    Growlist Updated 05/08/13

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast