What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

S. Leucophylla

This plant isnt doin too well in my terrarium. its plenty healthy, its just not getting enough light and (more importantly) its getting way too tall.

im looking for another sarracenia that would do well in an aquarium, or anything on my list except for burmanii.

or i'll probly take any offer that looks good =P

thanks
smile_n_32.gif

Even though I said before that Sarracenia can be grown in terria, they need a crud load of light. It's prolly too tall because it's not getting enough light. How many watts are you giving that terrarium? In a ten gallon, I'd reccommend around 80 watts, but more is always better if you can mantain the temp.

-Ben

40 watts X 4 bulbs, so 160

and mirrors on all sides.. i think i just need to get more effective bulbs, because all my other plants are thriving.

S.leucophylla is not a good terrarium plant,I have some over 20" tall.So not only would you have to have a taller terrarium you would have to have more light.I would stick to sundews and butterworts.

Jerry

Back