What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

looking for Salvia Divinorum cutting or plant

Hi,
I am looking for a Salvia Divinorum cutting or plant.
I have many cp seeds and some mexican pings to trade for it.
pm me if interested.
Peace,
Zero
smile.gif

The mods are currently disscussing this topic... At this point- I am going to remove all the posts but the original.. That's not saying the original will remain... But lets at least leave it without all the "stories" and "information" please. Thanks for understanding. Andrew

Were they breaking any rules?  I am not trying to be snobby, but if they were not breaking the rules then what is there to discuss?  Now if the rules need to be amended then amend the rules and I would not have a problem with it, but there was nothing in the "stories" that was illegal.  They were legitimate warnings and experiences.  The plant in itself is legal too, its just more well known for its shamanic properties and value than some of the other NON cp plants asked for here.  I know this is a kid oriented site, but NOTHING in the post was illegal or gave specific info.  

I don't understand.  Censorship at its finest.  To my knowledge no rules were broken.  If they were then I will gladdly retract this statement, and be more mindful of my story telling.  Although I would like to see a rule that was broke by the posts.

There it is AGAIN! Censorship, god almighty. For heavens sake were talking about people tlling about exeriences with pot, and this salvia (sage) plants. This is an educational forum, not a drug forum.

Hi, First off- you are correct at this point there is nothing in the rules that says you cannot talk about your experiences with drugs... Second off- the reason I even came to this topic was 3 members bringing moderators attention to it. Even one person participating in the topic asked "Lol, are we allowed to talk about this? " And third- While the statement that Salvia Divinorum is "legal" might be a reach. I am in no way an expert or even experienced with drugs (since I have never tried anything (even tabaco) ) but from a few searches I ran I found that when this "item" is discussed as a drug (as it was here) then it would be covered in the US under the Food, Drug & Cosmetics Act and its sale as a drug would be regulated by the FDA. Selling an unapproved drug in the US can be prosecuted under the FD&C's "misbranding" clause. (FD&C Section 502). It was for this reason I had decided to remove the talk of it as a drug but leave the topic (at that time).
Additionally this forum is privately owned (as we know) and "censorship" as you called it is a loose term.
Also, on your comment about the "rules" as you see they are quite a bit outdates and yes, we have been revising and discussing them in the mod forum for quite a few months now. We really don't want to have 15 pages of rules... So sometimes it is easier to skip the stuff that probably won't come up... But if it ever does come up, respectfully ask the topic be dropped (as I did here). Sorry if I've hurt any peoples feelings here... But that was my decision on the topic.
Andrew

[b said:
Quote[/b] (adnedarn @ Sep. 07 2006,7:53)] Even one person participating in the topic asked "Lol, are we allowed to talk about this? "
hehe that's me! personally i don't see what the big deal is, but you both have been very civil.

I think we were trying to warn people if anything. You kindly asked to drop it and i will. no problem.

people should and need to be educated, especially people like alex.

I understand that JLAP but I don't feel THIS is the place for that to happen... Perhaps a PM to him about it directing him to some topics elsewhere that generally disscuss that or something...? and ya- that was you!!! heheh
smile_n_32.gif

I know this is a privately owned forum and I am thankful for the use of this site. I have learned alot here. So with fear of letting my mouth get the better of me and saying something that might tick a mod off I will drop it. This is not the time nor the place for me to express how I feel about some of our FDA restictions and federal laws.

I think just about everyone has something to say about a federal regulation somewhere
smile_m_32.gif

I don't think any mods are getting "upset" although I will admit in the time I've been doing this job... having my actions questioned by members can be frustrating.. And sometimes I wish questions about why something was done by me was VIA PM or IM Since otherwise the topic keeps going and they can (and usually do) get esculated... And I dont' think anyone likes it when that happens
smile_m_32.gif
But that's alright. Have a nice night.
I guess no NoId orchid for me now... LOL jking bro
cool.gif

No Bro that is still on the table if yo want it.  I don't carry a grudge.  I have said my peace.  Well said all I am going to say because I COULD go one and on and on about the government regulation part  LOL.

I used to be a MOD at another site none plant related and so I know you have to do what you have to do.  I may not like it, but thats ok.  This is a private owned site.  Also you said you wish people would PM you when they have a problem with what yo do.  How about PMing the people whose post you deleted?  
smile_m_32.gif
I found out by someone else PMing me saying it was deleted.  Then I read the post.

Generally I would have PMed individually... But this topic was moving so fast- this is the best way I could get in there.... Without deleting the whole topic. I guess that way would have been easier afterall...
confused.gif
But if there is anyway to leave a topic.. I prefer that.
Bye bye
smile.gif

I didn't mean to offend anyone with this request.
I am not into drugs I just want a plant for novelty sake.
similar to peyote.
I like growing plants that make a good conversation piece.
I am a grown adult in my late 20's and not some 12 year old adolescent.
sorry for posting this controversial request as I didn't think I would get this type of response.
Peace,
Zero

Sorry if my posts caused any upset. Like I said the first time, I just wanted anybody perusing the topic to know that this plant is not to be fooled with.
~Joe

Zero- it wasn't the request for the plant that had a few members bringing this topic to mods attn. That's why I left the original request. You are not a 12 yo- but there are quite a few of them here on this forum.
seedjar- no worries, I think it's all okay now.
smile_m_32.gif

alright i learned a lesson about this forum. not the place to publicly give out such information. thats fine it is not my teh butt on the line but rather the boards operators. it cool if you do not want this stuff in public view. i would have rather read a rule stating so then just al the sudden the post is gone

Well- I just glanced though our current rules.. and there are a few open spots that make it so what I did is in fact in the rules (although not specifically)... Bottom line- everything is not going to be covered in the rules. And I will NOT make the rules 15 pages long to include every single thing I've ever taken care of. As I said- new rules are being worked... And there will be, of course, a open-ended clause allowing us to do what we need to do. It is a privilege to be here. Not a right
smile.gif
Is this topic done yet?
confused.gif

Andrew

Back