What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trade chain. I'll start

Here are the very basic rules: I'm going to post a carnivorous plant/seed that goes to whoever replies first, but that person has to put an item of theirs up for the next person who wants it, who also has to put an item up, and so on.

No money needs to change hands at all. All senders of items should pay for the shipping - this way no money needs to change hands, and it evens out since you get your plant shipped to you for free!

And unless it's all you have, avoid D. capensis or other things everyone already has.
----------------

So, I'll start. My item is small so I'll pay shipping on this one.

One pack of a bunch of D. burmanii (Beerwah Qld) seed. (about 50-100 seeds).

Again, the first person to reply AND put up an item of theirs gets it. I'll confirm the winner.

Capslock

Last edited:
This sounds fun! I'm gonna hold out though. I've got a couple of cool plants i'll post when the thread gets a little bigger.

I definitely have stuff to contribute, but D. burmanii is already something I have plenty of. Good idea Caps.
~Joe

I'll start in the spring! Fo Sho

Ok, i'll take them. just to get the ball rolling.

My item is a baby D. capensis "giant"

I'm feeling generous. It's not a regular capensis, but a GIANT! The adults with stems are impressive, too!

Congrats! I'll probably be on in 2007, when i get some plant divisions, and seed

Guys don't chit chat in trade topics, follow what has been established.

D. capensis???!!!
mad.gif

OK OK, PM me your address and the seed is yours.
tounge.gif

Capslock

Allright, whoever wants the D. capensis "giant" is next!

Er, I have a bunch of P. primuliflora babies if that works.

-Ben

OK Ben, PM JLAP for details of how to get your D. capensis "giant", and now a bunch of P. primuliflora babies is up for grabs!

Capslock

well... it was a giant.. thought it was special...

EDIT: i forgot i alredy had some P. prims
biggrin.gif
ill wait for another....
Alex

EDIT EDIT: this is for JLAP! D. capensis 'Giant'
Alex

Edit - OK well, I have plenty of P. primuliflora myself so I'm afraid my offer is going to have to wait as well. My apologies. I have lots of stuff to put up though, so I hope someone will post something I don't have soon!
~Joe

I'm confused here, Caps...

Is the D. capensis 'Giant' back up for grabs, or is the P. primuliflora-lets back up? If it's the capensis 'Giant,' I would like to make an offer. I too have plenty of primuliflora...

Please, someone clarify, so I can make known my offer...

Mike

The P. primuliflora is back up for grabs.

You don't make an offer. If you want something and you are the first poster to say you want it, you get it and then you post a plant that you can give away.

It's more of a give chain rather than a trade chain.

Yeah, I understood the logistics of it; I just wasn't sure if the trading had gone back to the capensis 'Giant' or to the primuliflora.

Thanks,

Mike

Ok I will bite on this.. I will take the P. primuliflora babies and offer 2 adult D. adelae divisions.

Steve

Alright, just PM me with how many ya want. (there's like 20 of 'em.)

-Ben

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Capslock @ Dec. 02 2006,2:30)]And unless it's all you have, avoid D. capensis or other things everyone already has.
Tell you what- if anyone is following this thread and is actively looking for a D. adelae, D. capensis 'typical', or D. spatulata, just PM me and I will send you one free via first class mail. Otherwise: I like this concept a lot, let's keep it rolling, but please keep your adelae's, spatulata's, and capensis 'typicals' (I think a giant is a fair thing to offer). If people only put up their most common weeds then this exchange will move very slowly. It would be cool to see things flying through here, I think trading/gifting is a lot of fun. I am offering 2 young D. natalensis EG grown from seed. This is supposed to be a specific form of natalensis, it came to me from Sundew Matt. I know the speciation is debated on these South Africans but, either way this is a gorgeous plant from S.A. that deserves attention. Put your offerings up

I REALLY want this thread to get rolling, so once again, I will put up a plant. Don't dissapoint me people.. lets get trading!

One baby D. falconeri (Is that good enough? lol)

It would be NICE if the next person put up an equally good or better plant.. but they don't have to. Just a suggestion (hint hint)

Back