What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

S. oreophila (Sand Mountain)?

Jefforever

A yellow M&M
Does anyone in Oregon have one to trade?
Thanks all.
smile.gif

I'm not sure you can trade S. oreophila, even within state lines. I know there are several nurseries in Oregon which sell them, but that's with a permit - somebody has to secure the right kind of papers before you can buy, sell or trade protected species.
~Joe

I believe you can within your state.
You might be able to give somebody one from anotheer state, but I am unsure of that.

Cheers,

Joe

The only location I've ever seen them is at Sarracenia Nothwest http://www.cobraplant.com they sell almost every species including S. oreophila but not till may...

Maybe Dean Cook of flytraps.com (also in OR) has that one. He has S. oreophila; I just don't know if he has Sand Mountain. Good luck and keep it legal.

Anyone can send you an S. oreophila. No trades are allowed for the species, ANYWHERE. Or, Dean Cook, or Northwest can sell one as they have permits. Specific S. oreophila are harder to find. Would seed do? I have Marshall County, Alabama, Cherokee County, Alabama, DeKalb Co., Alabama, and Towns Co., Georgia. You cannot even pay postage for a gift. Not Allowed! But, a plant from Jeff Dallas (Northwest), or Dean Cook Cooks Carnivorous Plants) should be able to fill your want for a plant. Go for the veined varieties. They are gorgeous!!!

what is the reason for not allowing these to be sold? i dont really understand. wouldnt it be better to allow threatened species to be spread and easily relocated?

That's an issue that gets a good discussion in the general or conservation forum every now & then. I can't remember the last one, so maybe it's time for another.

Back