What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Free tanks, one w/stand

schloaty

Staff member
Hey all,

I have two tanks, either 75 or 90 gallons each (4'x18.5" wide x 20.5" tall), and one tank stand that I would like to get rid of.  New greenhouse has removed the demand for one of them, and the other I need to get rid of to make space of the indoor lowland chamber I want to build.

The only catch is you have to come pick it/them up.

So, this is really only a good offer for people in the tri-state area.....

GOD! Why must I live in georgia?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]GOD! Why must I live in georgia?

ROAD TRIP!
oh.gif

give me a sec...........going to try mental telepathy...........................have they left yet?

Are they still there? I am going to see if my uncle can Pick them up for me. :p Then I would figure out how to get them down here.

Hey Dave, Remember the offer to assist in that recue?

Oh yeah how about bringing the tanks with you when you come.

smile.gif

JB,

They're still here.....Rattler did not beleive, which is why he failed.

Rattler, try?  Try not.  Do or do not.

Mark, I could only get one in the car, but if JB's uncle can't do it, or he only wants one, then yes.

Heya Schloaty, how much larger are those tanks than a 55? I have a 55 in my kitchen now and if I can fit it, I'd definitelt like to upgrade, I'd be able to come get it too seeing as I live on LI an all.
I got a great technique for Low Land chambers, cheap, effective and expandable. Lemme know if yer interested in how I made mine...

Well Schloaty I did a yahoo maps and you are 4.5 hours from my uncle and he no longer goes up that way with his trucking company so I am going to have to forfit and let the next person in line have a stab at them. I was drooling at the thoughs, but alas no one close enough. Thanks anyway though. It looks like I still get to have fun building my terreium.

Woo hoo! In a way it would be funner anyway. I get to play with my new power tools! A Nail gun and a router. he he he

Thanks again Schloaty.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]They're still here.....Rattler did not beleive, which is why he failed.

Rattler, try? Try not. Do or do not.

yes Master Schloaty, i have much to learn
hail.gif
hail.gif
hail.gif

Please note, I just measured the two tanks and updated their dimentions - turns out they're the same size (well, one appear to be 1" taller than the other, but that may just be the framing) - so I'm not sure if they're 90 or 75 gallon.

Quogue, for your purposes, they're at least 20 gallons larger than your 55 - I think 55's are three feet long, right?

Thanks for the offer on the lowland chamber technique! I'd gladdly see what you have to offer - I was just going to build a wood frame cube (maybe tent the roof) and wrap it in clear shower curtain. Not exactly glamorous, but certainly serviceable.

I'm guessin 55's are about 4' Wide cause I can lay 48" lights across em. An I can spare a little width from that before I'd hafta to squeeze  my way through to the stairs..
I'm lookin for depth to give my King's some more room. So a little more height might be nice but the depth is what I'm really lookin for.
If those tanks are not much more than 48" wide, I'd most definitely like to stop by an pick one up.
That'd be Crazy Cool!!!!
boogie.gif

Oh yeah, an dibs on the stand....
oh.gif

An my growth chamber ain't too special, made a frame outta PVC an hung it from the ceiling using planter anchors, light chains & these hook/clamps from the hardware store I seen used on boats alot.

The frame is 2-D, sides aren't neccessary.

Then I hung 2 white shower curtains from the frame with a clear shower curtain in the front.

I have two 48" T8's hangin from the ceiling using the same type planter anchors and light chains I used to hang the frame with.
This surrounds a table with plastic bins with water sittin in em and seed germination mats underneath.

Nothing on top, I like havin it open. Humidity is around 70% without the fogger goin or me sprayin them.
Didn't cost much, does the job and doesn't look half bad either....

Wish I could post pics, but I'm typin from my work computer. My home computer don't have internet yet..

My 75 is 48 inches long, 18 wide and... I dunno how tall. The standard 90 gallon is 48 inches long, 18 wide and taller than the 75 (but off the tip of my hand I can't say how tall).

My terrarium pics are in the I've got the power! thread in the terrarium forum. That's a 75 and a 90 looks the same but taller.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I'm guessin 55's are about 4' Wide cause I can lay 48" lights across em.

Well, I guess that means it's either shorter than my tanks, or narrower. How wide is it? It might be 12" wide, which would mean that my tanks give you more depth.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JustLikeAPill @ Jan. 09 2007,5:57)]My 75 is 48 inches long, 18 wide and... I dunno how tall. The standard 90 gallon is 48 inches long, 18 wide and taller than the 75 (but off the tip of my hand I can't say how tall).

My terrarium pics are in the I've got the power! thread in the terrarium forum. That's a 75 and a 90 looks the same but taller.
Given the provided dimentions the height of the 2 tanks would be 20" for the 75 gallon and the 90 gallon would be 24"

Cheers
Steve

That sounds right
smile.gif

Yeparoo.. 12"W. So gettin more depth is exactly what Ima lookin for!
The King's & Marston Dragon are kinda slime-ing the front & back of the tank so a little more room would be Sa-weeeet!

Ok, Quogue, grab a pickup or minivan with lots a room and let me know when you'd like to come up.

I can PM you directions.... You can check out the greenhouse while yer here!

Nice! I love tours!!

Back