What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

proboscidea louisianica seeds to trade (w/ location data)

I have a pack or 3 i can trade...I have to look again and see exactly how many i have. Wild collected about a month ago

Does location data mean anything if it's a naturalized species? Would it have had time to potentially produce stable mutations that are location specific?

i dont think that it would make a difference maybe im wrong.

Phissionkorps, I am unable to view your growlist. What are you looking for in trade for the Devil's Claw seed?

Personally, I think location data always makes a difference. Everything adapts the best it can to the exact variables its presented with. I know that population has been there for at least 45 years, which I would say is enough to make at least a slight difference in some aspect (I haven't seen said population though, so it may be slight, or perhaps unnoticable). I'm 21 but I've lived in Texas for a long time...I don't get hot until its about 85 outside. People from New England usually say its hot when its about 75...so small differences, even if only temperature preferenda can occur in a short amount of time.

cphog: I think my growlist got messed up when the board changed. Send me a PM with what you have...I'm not really looking for anything in particular...

I suppose so, there are people who get stable mutations within generations in their collections right? That is effectively the way that a differing location form comes about, right? Interesting--

Back