What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

does anyone want S. "Dana's Delight'?

Anyone interested in S. Dana's Delight? It's an excellent cultivar, one of my favourites. I'm looking mostly for other sarracenia or VFT forms/cultivars in exchange. I may have other things to trade aswell, but this is the main thing. Anyone interested should send me a pm or e-mail to siberian_tiggy@yahoo.com.
Thanks,
Sib

is the correct spelling not Daina's Delight? It is widely mis-spelt....

There has been much talk over the actual spelling, I've yet to get the full story, but its supposed to be to the effect of the person who created it wanted it called Daina's Delight, but due to a misprint or some kind of botch, it was published under Dana's Delight? I've not actually read the whole story, thats just how it was told to me. I kept it written as Dana's Delight just because that was what it was sold to me as and what I've found if available elsewhere as. Aslo I thought that was what it was registered as. Was I steered wrong?
Thanks,
Sib

Just to stop the questions comming, heres some info on it.
Dana's Delight (or what ever it is called) is a "complex hybrid containing purpurea, psittacina, flava, and leucophylla in varying combinations" [leucophylla*"willisii"].

For me it is a thick grower with good pitcher density, meaning that there are alot of pitchers in a little space, instead of sparse.

Below are a couple pictures found through bob z's photo finder just to give you guys an idea of what it looks like, they are not my pictures.
Thanks,
Sib ;)

sld21689.jpg

danas_delight_close.JPG

When I went to Tristan's Nursery a few years ago, I learned that its owner, Kim Magnusen, had hybridized Dana's Delight. He said that he named it after the daughter of a colleague in Australia with whom he had often collaborated in making Sarracenia crosses. Through talking with his colleague, he knew what the daughter's name sounded like, but had not seen it in writing, when he had to register the plant. So he registered it as "Dana's Delight." Later, he found out that the daughter's name was actually spelled "Daina." But by that time it was too late to change the official name of the plant.

Hi Syble,

How big or rather how mature would your trade be? I have a S. wrigleyana that I can divide and I am interested in S. Dana's Delight.

Cheers,
Sean

I'm caught up and have only 2 left.
Sib ;)

Syble - In that picture you posted what is that brownish thing hanging over the lip of the middle pitcher?

xvart.

dunno, like I said, it's not my picture, but it looks like a bee to me. At this Point I have no more to trade.
Thanks,
Sib

Back