What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recently discovered interest - appreciate any offers

I've only just recently discovered my interest in carnivorous plants. My first five plants are pictured below and where purchased to fill a need in my main hobby, keeping poison dart frogs. I have escapee fruit flies, these guys love em. what a great match :) Obviously I'm no green thumb but I've recently repotted and hopefully these will bounce back from thier shipping shock. As my frogs take up all available cash I have I'd greatly appreciate any donations for beginners such as myself. the plants sit on my rack next to the frog tanks in these conditions. 12h light schedule with 2 6400k fluorescents 50cm's high off each shelf; ~21c room temp with ~35%rh

IMG_2518.jpg

As far as trading, with little to no knowlege of cp's I figured the best I could do is offer my services for custom laser cutting. I have a machine at my shop that can cut just about any metal up to 20mm thick so if anyone needs something done let me know. Due to the expense of shipping metal I usualy get requests for smaller stainless steel cutouts for variouse uses. (standard material is 1.25mm thick brushed stainless steel) Here's some example of some recent work.

IMG_1873.jpg

IMG_1981.jpg

retic2_01.jpg

IMG_1991.jpg

COOL ! Nice cut outs there and welcome to the forum. You'll have plenty of plants in no time I'll bet.

PM sent, check your in box

How are you drafting the frogs? From picks?
I am just learning Mastercam. I have a cnc mill.
Stephen

the frogs above were traced from jpg's in variouse drafting programs (solidedge for these i believe). from there I tweak them in the lasers native programing environment.

Nice. MC has a nice feature for picks as well, I cant waight to use it.
Good luck on the CP hunt.

Back