What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Newbie looking for....

rockstarcobain

Sarracenia in another life....
Hello All!!! I was wondering if anyone may have any idea where I can find carnivorous plants. I have been intrigued my whole life, but my wife only recently let me start collecting so I have a sarracenia alata, and a venus fly trap. But I can't find anymore plants. Does anyone know where I can find any? Or does anyone have any extras laying around? Please let me know!!!!

Get ahold of Brisco 225 (forum member), and Homer. Both live in Washington, so give them a try.

You may find some S. rubra. D. adelae, and S. purpurea at your local lowe's or home depot.

I wouldn't buy anything from those places! You never really know what you are getting. Try places that sell species and their variants. I can help if you are interested.

I know some good sources around Olympia myself - I PM'ed you about it.
Welcome to the forums.
~Joe

Where do you live? I am in Puyallup and always have way too many sarracenia that I NEED to get rid of.

I live in Gig Harbor. Thank you to all of you who responded. What a wonderful resource! I would LOVE some sarracenia. They are my favorite species. I've also wondered about Nepenthes. My cousin has a few and says there are a few that are easy. Anyway, I appreciate any help that anyone can give me furthermore. And if you absolutely NEED to get rid of some plants, I have quite a few empty places of sun for them!!! I am knowledgable in care of Sarracenia and, like I said, a little with nepenthes. So, THANK YOU!!!

My cousin has a few and says there are a few that are easy.
your cousin is wrong dude :) just about everyone that has a nepenthes say they are easy. there are only a few (maby 10 or so species) that wouldnt do so well in just anyones care. i suggest N. ventricosa, N. sanguinea(beautiful plant!), some varieties of N. alata, N. x Ventrata(probably the easiest!) and then a bunch of people will tell you others. i bet your cousin is telling you they are hard so you dont take any of his :-))
welcome!
Alex

Yes.....and no!:0o:

yes? no??
Alex

I am in Puyallup and always have way too many sarracenia that I NEED to get rid of.

You and me both. :0o:

-Homer

HI Homer! If you NEED to get rid of some, I'll take some. I don't have anything to trade, but....

Howdy. When I do my Sarracenia divisions later this month (hopefully) we'll work something out.

bye for now,

Homer

Does anyone else find this amusing?

Says the bachelor from Miami......

:-))

Opposites may attract, but it's more fun if you can find someone who also enjoys some of your hobbies.

Cheers,

Joe

Back