User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a toothy nepenthes....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cyclopse Looking for a toothy nepenthes....

I was showing my GF some pictures of all the cool carnivorous plants out there, and she absolutely fell in love with the N. Hamata. Only just now did I realize how rare these seem to be for online purchase. I would prefer to get a Hamata, but would be willing to take any 'toothy' Nepenthes. I happily offer 2 rooted D. Binata 'Multifidia Extrema' leaf cuttings in trade here. I have not yet rooted the cuttings, seeing as how I've never had much luck with propogation.

On a side note, however, maybe I could get this answered. Would leaf cuttings from this plant do better in growing medium, or RO water in a sealed container?
    I reject your reality, and substitute my own.

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good luck on that one buddy

I'll answer your Q though, I've tried them in water and on medium and haven't noticed a difference. No reason to seal the container of water if it's in water already.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shayd1620 View Post
    ...and she absolutely fell in love with the N. Hamata.
    She is a keeper.

Do you have a highland setup already? What about other highlands with less prominent teeth, like N. densiflora?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, yes she is a keeper. Unfortunately for my pocketbook, but luckily for me, I do have a highland terrarium setup already. I thought it would be much easier than it is to find this elusive Hamata. But, I figured better to have the setup and no plant, rather than vice versa. Personally, I would happily accept any Nep I could get my greedy little hands on, since I love them all. But, this is going to be her birthday present, so I really should try for the one she fell in love with, or something comparably as sinister in appearance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JustLikeAPill View Post
    Good luck on that one buddy

I'll answer your Q though, I've tried them in water and on medium and haven't noticed a difference. No reason to seal the container of water if it's in water already.
    Thx, JLAP!

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    N. macrophylla

N. villosa. If you can get the temps right and have the patience

Loooooong time-investment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JustLikeAPill View Post
    N. macrophylla

N. villosa. If you can get the temps right and have the patience

Loooooong time-investment.

Okay. Add to the list of acceptable trades the beauties noted above. I have All the time in the world, and infinite patience. (In my line of work, patience is required to be hardwired into me and my employees.)

Thanks again for delving into your wealth of carnivorous plant info for me, JLAP!

I would like to add to this that I'm not at all trying to get a whole plant. Of course that would be preferable, but I do only have my meager offering in trade. Anything that I could give to my girlfriend along with a picture of what it will approximately look like full grown would tickle her beyond belief. (she likes the maternal satisfaction of knowing that she got the plant to adulthood.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shayd1620 View Post
    Yes, yes she is a keeper. Unfortunately for my pocketbook, but luckily for me, I do have a highland terrarium setup already. I thought it would be much easier than it is to find this elusive Hamata. But, I figured better to have the setup and no plant, rather than vice versa. Personally, I would happily accept any Nep I could get my greedy little hands on, since I love them all. But, this is going to be her birthday present, so I really should try for the one she fell in love with, or something comparably as sinister in appearance.
    Your gonna have to teach her how to grow them.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast