Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Request for donations-Texas Tech greenhouse

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mailing address

We're taking any plants you can offer, whenever you can send them. The classes will need established plants again in 4-6 weeks. Here's my email address, if you'd like to contact me privately, and our mailing address.

Jennifer Simek
    TTU Biological Sciences
    PO BOX 43131
    Lubbock, TX 79409-3131
    jennifer.simek@ttu.edu

Thanks to all of you who are responding!
    Jennifer

Quote Originally Posted by quogue View Post
    Hope you guys fired those fools.. probly Union though.
    I'll see what I can dig up for ya's!
    Do you have a date you want to start receiving plants and an address to send them to?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mexican pings

Thanks, Jim! We are getting some very gracious offers of help from people like you. Mexican pings are one of my personal favorites! If you'd like to send your extra plant(s), we'd love to have them. I've just posted my contact info.

Quote Originally Posted by jimscott View Post
    I have a smattering of CP's, but have extra Mexican pings, if you'd like. I'm sure others have lots of pitcher plants and VFT's, as well as the others.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The plants you're referring to had already been relocated to better conditions. With the many microclimates in a greenhouse, it sometimes requires trial and error to find the optimal conditions for each plant. The new collection will have a dedicated spot in the greenhouse - in an area of high light and high humidity.

Thanks for the continued interest in our collections. Hope to see you at the next plant sale, which the TTUAB is sponsoring to help offset our losses. I'll send out the sale info in a few weeks.
    Jennifer

Quote Originally Posted by phissionkorps View Post
    Mike replied on the CP listserv that he would send some things

I hope the new CP collection gets put in a better location though. The few neps and VFTs that were there were suffering from not having enough light. Pings were doing rather well though last time I was in there

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NASC is also donating plants to TTU in order to help restore the educational collection they lost. This is just one of the missions of NASC. We are very glad to be able to help out.

I don't have much but I'll look and see what I might have.

I'm really sorry to hear about the disaster.

Suzanne
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12