What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"What I'd Like" forum

There are many of us around here that depend on extras in the collections of others to feed our CP addiction.

I thought I'd start this as a place to list what you hope to get and see if anybody has some that they're willing to let go for postage or some sort of trade. Maybe kind of like the Trade Chain but in reverse. "I want ____" and somebody can say "I'll send that to you and I want____" and somebody else can jump in.

Or just state what you'd really like to have (within reason of course) and maybe somebody is in a position to help you out.

Rules:

-Keep it to one or two plants per listing. No 7 page wish lists at a time!
-Reasonable requests only! For instance "I'd like a mature N Raja with at least 8 full sized pitchers" probably won't get you very far.
-Don't take advantage of people! Make sure that you are giving something in return (even if it is only postage). My collection probably doesn't have much that would be of interest to experienced collectors but I am at least good for postage.

ok...I'm curious to see if this goes anywhere.

Umm.... Same thing as the trade chain and that is slowly croaking.

It actually sounds like a great idea, i just don't wanna go first... :p

- Jeff

I dont think this is EXACTLY like the trade chain. I haven't seen a single offer that I actually wanted in the trade chain, plus the fact that you could be trading something really nice, and get like....129 capensis and 4 ventratas in return (the reason I never participated, nor will I ever).

I think this is a good idea, but unfortunately for me everything I want is either rare, expensive, or both...or no one has it. Hard to believe not very many people grow diatas, ovata, or densiflora, as i have tried to trade for them via many plants of at least equal value on my part, and a year later, I'm still empty handed.

I want N. bicalcarata.

No, the Trade Chain is "I have this to get rid of" and then hope that somebody wants it. Then you have to come up with something that is of similar value so as not to look like a mooch.

This is also a thread to just flat out say "I'd really like one of these" and see if anybody has them. We already do it now is various scattered threads. This way you can scan the requests in this one place and see if you can help.

and I don't want to start either!

but I may.

I just started already. I want an N. bicalcarata.

I want N. bicalcarata.

I could do that, but when I listed the plants that I was considering trying to sell for some extra $, you said that they were pretty common and that the ones I had were pretty small. It doesn't sound like you'd want one of mine.

I said it wasn't big enough to bother selling on ebay, but I'll gladly take it if you'd like to fulfill my wish!

interesting concept! i want U. nelumbifolia
Alex

a what?!?

can anyone help these folks out?

I guess I'll enter the game too. I'll be very dull and request something simple-for now.

For some reason, I've really wanted a Sarracenia minor for a long time. I don't care what neighborhood its parents grew up in either. An Okee Giant would be neat, but not needed. I would just like some sort of S. minor.

I could really go for a dente VFT right about now

Not a good idea.Sounds more like a begging post to me,if someone has something to give they will let it be known in the trading post.Just my 2 cents.

Jerry

yea...i was just about to say that Jerry. the more i look at it.... the more it looks like somthing wrong. this wont go very far at all.
Alex

it isn't quite going the way it should, that's true. I don't know which VFTs survived the winter just yet so I'm not too sure that I have a dente to send.

I told you guys we already have a trade chain :)

Ok then, "I would like a S. psittacina"

does that work?

Perhaps a different version of the Trade Chain then?

My problem with the other trade chain is that I'm not far enough along to be able to really contribute enough and when items offered started getting into p. somethingorother and d. whatchamacallit I never felt like I had anything worthy in return.

Maybe more of a newbie trade chain is in order? I don't know.

Just forget it and could some moderator please just wipe out this whole thing. sorry everyone.

It was a good idea in theory.

xvart.

I'd like a P-51 D Mustang warplane with all the trimmings. Working .50 caliber machine guns, and all the free gas it could eat! NEXT!!!!!!!!

Back