Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Looking for Sarracenia flava pollen

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking for Sarracenia flava pollen

Since I only have one plant (two flowers) self pollinating is not a good idea but I'd like to try my hand at producing seeds. First flower started to open 03/26/07.

PM me if you have any S. flava pollen available. Pollen exchange or seeds if successful is possible. I don't know the time frame for pollinating Sarracenia is though.

TIA
    Grand Hotel... always the same. People come, people go. Nothing ever happens.

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, it looks like some of the S. leucophylla flowers I have are about to open too, so maybe I'll pollinate the S. flava using the S. leucophylla. If anybody would like some S. leucophylla pollen I have 10 flowers on the way so I should have plenty. I'm checking with my source of the plants if he has location info on them.

I guess I better bag the S. flava
    Grand Hotel... always the same. People come, people go. Nothing ever happens.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got some S. flava blooming right now. I believe they're some kind of hybrid between ssp. rugelli and ssp. rubricorpora. Nice red pitchers with purple veins. LMK if you still need pollen and I'll get some to ya.

Peter